Author Topic: Bombers in Tank Town  (Read 879 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Bombers in Tank Town
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 09:15:53 AM »
Who needs the whining and the drama? LWB has been the better fight anyways.

I never thought about it before, but you may be right.  The "go with the crowd" types are always desperate to get into orange.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 09:18:08 AM »
Didnt there used to be a time where FT/TT bases did not count towards winning the map?
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 09:31:47 AM »
I'll take an A20 up if the spawn is being camped.
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 10:10:25 AM »
I never thought about it before, but you may be right.  The "go with the crowd" types are always desperate to get into orange.

Generally a far better crowd in LWB. Older, lots more team work, combined arms fights "which I love". You dont have 80 typhoons/Temps coming in at 15k, with 1,000lb bombs, calling themselves skilled. I'll yellya one thing, there are some very skilled Bish & Nit flak gunners in LWB.

I got so sick of the scene in LWO I just wondered in, almost never fought in blue before. Its a far better arena. I bet mid-war and early are better too.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline gravy1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 08:05:53 PM »
   I bomb gvs in TT when Im having a fight near their Vbase and some guy in a wirb opens up on me. Whats the answer to that? He's gonna get bombed. And since Im out with bombs, some others are bound to get bombed too.

thats bull filth i was in a M4 at a gv base in TT and u had a 110 you strafed me for five mins eventually traking me while i was shooting down tanks and when someone took you out you can back in a IL2 to bomb me you are the true definition of a bomb****

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 08:11:12 PM »
I didn't eveb know there was a definition to 'bomb****' thanks!
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »
I sat up at 30K in a P47N over the trinity TT once. Got 8 or so kills off bombers trying to make it over the hill.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 08:19:18 PM »
I sat up at 30K in a P47N over the trinity TT once. Got 8 or so kills off bombers trying to make it over the hill.

Used to use a Jug or a 38. There are really only a few passes into TT and it isn't hard to be there waiting as they come wallowing over the top.  :devil

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 08:29:18 PM »
i have heard from squadies that there used to be a map where  TT was on a 20,000 ft mountain so that you didnt get bombed all the time. the use of bombs in TT really sucks for the gvers i am in a tank probly 95% of the time and i bet half of my deaths are by a bomb or a il2 is there any chance of getting a TT without ords or planes around it?  i know it would make a lot of guys that gv very very happy to go out and have a actuall gv battle without the bomb****s. i hear alot of pple complaining about being bombed in tank town and yes im one of them

I'll agree with this as soon as they make it so whirbys and flaks cant shoot at planes.  Sounds fair to me.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »

I've got to try this! :rock
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 10:10:32 PM »
  Gravy are you still sore about that? I think I said above in this post that when someone shoots at me while in a dogfight from a GV I come back to bomb them..AND any other GV(you) that may accept whatever bombs Im carrying. I did come back time and again after to kill you though, because you PM'd me cryin. Then I just had to make a hobby out of you.

Next time, up a fighter and come kill me.

~AoM~

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 09:02:08 PM »
I up IL-2s at tank towns to kill the Kuh-nig-uts who are camping our spawn. And even then, I ask our friendlies if they want a hand from the skiy.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X