Author Topic: Bombers in Tank Town  (Read 880 times)

Offline gravy1

• Zinc Member
Bombers in Tank Town
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:58:06 PM »
i have heard from squadies that there used to be a map where  TT was on a 20,000 ft mountain so that you didnt get bombed all the time. the use of bombs in TT really sucks for the gvers i am in a tank probly 95% of the time and i bet half of my deaths are by a bomb or a il2 is there any chance of getting a TT without ords or planes around it?  i know it would make a lot of guys that gv very very happy to go out and have a actuall gv battle without the bomb****s. i hear alot of pple complaining about being bombed in tank town and yes im one of them

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
Re: Bombers in Tank Town
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 06:05:52 PM »
Think they call themselves the S.O.A.R and they go around in 15k lancs and drop the VH's at TT too, yes its dweeby. (Like the equivelent of having FH's at FT dropped for you fighter jocks.IMO)
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:31:57 PM »
I'm an IL-2 guy, a fanatic actually. I have some self imposed rules. First off I dont usually upp them at TT unless an airbase needs defending. Fights between GV bases I leave for GV'ers to have fun with. The same goes for fights between GV bases elsewhere on the map. Frankly TT would be better if there weren't any air strips at all, or something like it.

I try to extend courtesy even further. If a fellow Rook is strafing a Tank I either leave it for him or ask first if he minds if I attack it. I like to leave targets for the tankers too and not hog everything.

I dont even go to TT frankly. To much dweebery. At most I'll upp a fighter and leave the GV battles to the GV'ers.

But it would be better if there simply weren't any airbases on the Island. We should leave TT to the GVs. I agree.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline gravy1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »
i gotta say its not very often you can go to tank town without seeing some guy up in lancs or a 110 a20 or the bomb**** favorite the il2 and the country i see that does it the most not saying particular person but the rooks seem to just fly around and drop vhs and bombs gvs i dont know if this is cause the scared of getting in a gv or what but its very annoying i have been on most of the day today and the only way the rooks seem to take a TT base is to drop all vhs and come back with more bombs for cleanup

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 06:36:13 PM »
I sometimes go to tank town to hunt dweebs bombing GVs and any fighters hoping to do the same thing.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 07:27:19 PM »
I sometimes up IL2s solely to hunt dweebs in GVs pretending they have a moral right to an uninterrupted ground battle.  :lol

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 09:09:20 PM »
Long ago I occasionally took an Il2 over that mountains... but that was back in tjhe days when TT wasn't the ghost town it is today
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 10:09:47 PM »
To be fair, 90% of the time we have a map with a center with V-fields and A-fields for a combo TT/FT, knits have had all their fields stolen by the rooks (sometimes bish, mostly the rook horde), so it's really a non-issue until the rooks learn some self-control  :D

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 10:17:18 PM »
I sometimes take 17s into TT to shoot down planes. Along the way I'll take out as many barracks as I can in order to prevent bases from being taken. It wasn't even 5 seconds after taking out my first barracks that I saw typed on 200 "Bish bomtards are starting early in TT"

:lol
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 12:47:53 AM »
   I bomb gvs in TT when Im having a fight near their Vbase and some guy in a wirb opens up on me. Whats the answer to that? He's gonna get bombed. And since Im out with bombs, some others are bound to get bombed too.

~AoM~

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 07:18:46 AM »
Logged in to LWBlue last night.

The map was(is) Trinity.

The first thing I noticed was that the Knits had captured all of TankTown save one Rook base.

The first thing I typed was... "durn... who took TankTown?"

I am a firm believer that we should leave TT alone and let the GV types slug it out.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 07:51:03 AM »
On a strategic level I like to leave TT until last. I figure if they are gv'ing they aren't bothering me. In trinity TT though the spawns to several key bases. So Knights or whoever has them probably felt it necessary to capture.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 08:11:19 AM »
I've been bringing bombs in TT recently simply to kill all the wirbels that are out in the open, hoping to shoot someone in a dogfight...
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 08:27:48 AM »
Hey it sounds like people are willing to fight to protect this place.  Cool!  That is what the game is all about!  Get out there and fight them.  It may not be the ground slugfest you want, but I can guarantee you will have some fun one way or another.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 09:11:04 AM »
I sometimes up IL2s solely to hunt dweebs in GVs pretending they have a moral right to an uninterrupted ground battle.  :lol

Who needs the whining and the drama? LWB has been the better fight anyways.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"