Author Topic: 109G6 Multiplane engagement  (Read 613 times)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
109G6 Multiplane engagement
« on: February 11, 2009, 03:35:16 PM »
Just another quick film with two engagements and some battle damage, was able to bring her in after taking a close call from Wmaker's G14.  :O

1st engagement:  Scot12b's P38
2nd: Foe's Spit 16 ( Out scissored him into the ground.  :) )
3rd: Taking Hits from Wmakers G14 and surviving.  :eek:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzy4uomozim

Good film for the Luft Jagdfliegers in training as well as current Luft pilots as well. Monitor the flaps and throttle in both fights. Knowing how to combine Both and use them effectively can make or break a fight.  :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: 109G6 Multiplane engagement
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 04:43:46 PM »
Couple of things I saw. At around 1:31 you went down for the P-38. I think that was a mistake, I think you should have did a flat turn and tried to get an angle shot on Scott. At around 2:45 you did a nice scisors on the Spit16, I will take that as a good example, since the 109G-6 is what I like to call a "one sided" plane. Turning to the left is your best bet, and I'm probably going to use that to my advantage. When the 109 tried to pick you, probably the best thing to do, maybe should have went to the right, since you had less E, then went for the reversal.

All in all it was a good film. I going to bring back the film that I have were I reversed a Zeke, and got myself stuck with 2 F6Fs. I will admit this, I was target fixated on the F4U low and slow. Although that was a bad thing, I knew exactly what was going on, and I took the risk.
The Zeke reversal was at the beginning of the film, and the 2v1 F6F flight was around 16:00 of the film.
Found it, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?5moydxxfoai
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:51:20 PM by Bosco123 »
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Re: 109G6 Multiplane engagement
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 07:37:47 AM »
Hey Talon!

It was actually tiira who shot you there, not me. :) I probably hit you in another engagement before or after the one you posted...and then I think it was you who got my oil as I was rtb. :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 07:39:41 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!