Author Topic: Frame 1, how'd it go for you?  (Read 2646 times)

Offline snakeplissken

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
Re: Frame 1, how'd it go for you?
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2009, 03:42:11 PM »
Hello.  Well you can see by my "newbie" status, I never post on here.  I was Axis FSO CIC.  Like Tuk, it was my first time and the frame involved GV's.  As you noticed, there were several glitches.  Until now, I have on various occassions complained to my squad about FSO.  It seems like the larger groups get split up  or vever get the good plane assignments.  As CIC I got an awakening.  It would have been the easiest thing to assign planes simply by squads and number of players. Also, I was put on short notice that I would serve as CIC.  Still, I agonized over assignments.  I checked Squad Ranks in Late War, and even spoke directly with as many Squad CO’s as possible.  The Overall Orders (the set up delivered to CIC), the Map and the plane sets all limit what you personally want to do.   Finally, I tried not to let arrogance play a role in my Orders.  I have seen Orders with directions as to which direction a defending force should orbit a field. I believe CO’s are best associated with their own squads and know how to best deploy their people. I bent the Orders by allowing defending Squads to use a forward Defense a sector out from the assigned defense area.  Finally, I maximized the use of fighter bombers for attack.  Even then, the best laid plans went awry.  There was the re-set glitch in the beginning, and then the Cruiser Groups were not in their assigned sectors.  This meant that I had 3 squads (2 on Defense and 1 on Attack) flying over the ocean in a wasted night.  I apologize for that and I want those CO’s to know that I chose them for that task because I knew their squads could get the job done.  As to the attack, I wanted the N1k’s with their firepower against the enemy fields.   The CO’s did their job magnificently.  I laughed as I dreamed up the Orders of the Allies encountering large groups of N1ks.  From the screen shots, it worked. More importantly the CO’s understood what Squads they were cooperating with.  That’s why so many After Action Reports here read: “My squad was tasked with 13MPG and Tac Drivers....” All in all it was a great learning experience and my overall goal was met.  I didn’t care which side won, I just wanted you guys (and girls) to have fun.  Plissken (Call Me Snake).
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2009, 10:51:59 PM »
Hello.  Well you can see by my "newbie" status, I never post on here.  I was Axis FSO CIC....

Snake,

I can only tell you that from where I was, your orders (overwhelm the defenders) worked out very well. Don't know what the implications were for our defence, but if the scoring comes down to a slug fest, I'd guess is we're doing OK (at least in the bits I was involved in.

I've been involved in the agonizing over producing FSO orders a couple of times so a big  :salute to everyone who takes on the job.

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2009, 01:47:43 PM »
Snake,

I thought you did a great job on being the CiC and look forward to many more frames of yours. I know you cannot please everyone but there were alot of squads that had a great time.

:salute

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few