Author Topic: IF this is WWII................  (Read 882 times)

Offline Sledriver

• Zinc Member
IF this is WWII................
« on: January 03, 2000, 10:18:00 PM »
When do we get the nuke's    

------------------
Sledriver
(The MAD BOMBER)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2000, 12:13:00 AM »
Sledriver: do you have presidents order?

Offline Curly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2000, 07:59:00 AM »

I got one right here Sleddriver.

<bounces a BigBoy in his left hand>

Only so long as your willing to do your part and be at ground zero when it goes off.

Psychomutt

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2000, 08:08:00 AM »
Hate to spoil your fun but I brought up the exact same topic of nukes on the brand W bulletin boards and was severly kicked .
The main point is that the topic may be sensitive to some uses - kinda like how there are no swatztickas . Anyway to have the nuke you would require the b29 - which would be unfair as no "real" fighter has the ability to climb to 40000ft for the intercept . Then there were only 2 bombs - what about destruction - you would blow the airfield clean off the map - there would be nothing left in a radius of 30 miles .
Not trying to have a go at you buddy, Im just warning you -dont do what I did and start a thread titled "b29 and the a bomb"  

------------------
-Psychomutt

Offline Sledriver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2000, 01:50:00 PM »
PMPROFLMAO, I was only joking around guys. I just had this thought and laughed at it. So I put the post up to see what response I would get. ( not much humour if ya ask me )

------------------
Sledriver
(The MAD BOMBER)

[This message has been edited by Sledriver (edited 01-04-2000).]

Psychomutt

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2000, 08:57:00 PM »
Damn . Sorry Sledriver - I was going to give you some comical relief by sending you the url to my original post and the subsequent flame fight - but the bastards deleted it !

------------------
-Psychomutt

Offline iculus

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2000, 02:59:00 PM »
LOL...what do you think the life expectancy would be for an area that had this....

Every 5 minutes:

RESET: No one has won the war- all life eradicated

IC

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2000, 03:12:00 PM »
In a note along the same lines, if we get british bombers, I would like to see the arsenal include some of the bigger bombs that England produced, one was called something like "Big boy"(Don't have my books handy at work, I'm sure thats not the name) that was around 20,000 lbs.  That should take out a HQ with no problem!

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
"Whats this button for?"

Offline iculus

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2000, 06:15:00 PM »
It was the "grand slam"...20,000lbs.

when dropped from a lancaster, the wingtips would drop 5 feet I hear

...but!...you need a *lancaster*

IC

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2000, 06:34:00 PM »
The Lancaster carried some really big bombs. The biggest bomb ever dropped was the "Grand Slam" bomb, a 22,000lb bomb that fell to it's target at supersonic speed and destroyed it with "earthquake waves".

The 12,000lb "Tallboy" was a streamlined bomb, one of which was used in the sinking of the Tirpitz.

Then there were the cylindrically-shaped "cookie" bombs, made in 4,000lb, double-length 8,000lb and rare triple-length 12,000lb versions. Alot of Mosquitoes were modified to carry the 4,000lb cookie.  

And there's the infamous 9,250lb Barnes Wallis "bouncing bomb" used to break German dams.

If we get some of these bombs, then we had better get a bigger crater and explosion too, or dropping twice the B-17's bombload in one go just won't have that feeling of incredible mass destruction.