Author Topic: Fix the Wirble  (Read 5967 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Fix the Wirble
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2009, 10:36:28 AM »
gavagai
Check PM for a chuckle. :D
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
the golden BB that shot you down is probably the most realistic part of this game :aok
Would that be the one fired from a gun that was firing non stop, that should have had to pause to reload and was 2 seconds earlier pointing 180 away?
See Rule #4

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2009, 10:41:33 AM »
You have yet to provide any documentation on that. As I said HT doesn't use pilot recollection he uses hard data. Argue with him if you like.

As to your ww adjustments you forgot about being clip fed. 2 gun continuous np quad needs adjustment.

I dont have to prove anything.  But I did find what has been presented and it wasnt from a pilot, as from what I read it stated "Govermental Trials" which would implicate testing from another entity.  The argument isnt with HT, its with you and your disbelief.

I could not find further information about ROF, I am sure its out there somewhere, but at the low end of 480 RPM that is still alot of lead coming out, does not matter how the gun is loaded, the ROF is the rate at which rounds are coming out of the barrel and not how they are loaded.

Guns in the past that are manually loaded had open feed trays where clipped rounds were dropped into a slot stacked on top of each other and were filled as they were depleted, most AA guns were set up this way for rapid fire and rounds were rapidly fed into this rack to maintain ROF.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 10:45:12 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2009, 10:42:37 AM »
Would that be the one fired from a gun that was firing non stop, that should have had to pause to reload and was 2 seconds earlier pointing 180 away?
Sums it up well.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2009, 10:59:25 AM »
I dont have to prove anything.  But I did find what has been presented and it wasnt from a pilot, as from what I read it stated "Govermental Trials" which would implicate testing from another entity.  The argument isnt with HT, its with you and your disbelief.

I have no problem with the FM.  I in effect agree with HT, you don't .  Again take it up with him. :aok

I could not find further information about ROF, I am sure its out there somewhere, but at the low end of 480 RPM that is still alot of lead coming out, does not matter how the gun is loaded, the ROF is the rate at which rounds are coming out of the barrel and not how they are loaded.

Guns in the past that are manually loaded had open feed trays where clipped rounds were dropped into a slot stacked on top of each other and were filled as they were depleted, most AA guns were set up this way for rapid fire and rounds were rapidly fed into this rack to maintain ROF.

It has been stated by lusche and IIRC he has some documentation that states quad fire can not be maintained continuously. However 2 guns can. 
I know you have a hard time believing any thing I say. Would you say lusche has some agenda also?
See Rule #4

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2009, 10:59:58 AM »
Sorry bronk and spikes, didn't mean to say perking it. Meant to say something else. Apologies guys as i did read the OP title clearly.  :o

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2009, 11:03:08 AM »
It has been stated by lusche and IIRC he has some documentation that states quad fire can not be maintained continuously. However 2 guns can. 

Again, this depends on the feed tray and how its loaded.  Does not matter how many guns there are.  ROF is a constant.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2009, 11:06:58 AM »
Sorry bronk and spikes, didn't mean to say perking it. Meant to say something else. Apologies guys as i did read the OP title clearly.  :o
NP do it all the time myself. <S>
See Rule #4

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2009, 11:08:41 AM »
I've turreted an Ostie with (IIRC) the single 30cal on top of the M4 Firefly. I'm not sure if that was the specific gun, but it was definitely with a pintle gun. From the same ground level as the Ostie.  So the WW ought to be easier everything else being equal - the "true" hit sprites I got were at the 37mm notch in the turret armor.  In my experience that's how it is. A handful of bullets landed inside the turret anywhere within 45deg of vertical guarantees the turret is disabled.

And now the mandatory off topic but semi interesting post..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kugelblitz

And yep, the WW double/quad firing mechanisms were pointed out in a thread before the WW was released.  So HTC probably is aware and chose to model it as is for some reason.  The turret movement speed was pointed out not long after release.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2009, 11:09:28 AM »
Again, this depends on the feed tray and how its loaded.  Does not matter how many guns there are.  ROF is a constant.
Yes but the ROF between 2 guns continuous and 4 guns that need a reload time are very different.
Again going by lusche's statement continuous quad fire was not possible.
See Rule #4

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2009, 11:11:42 AM »
My convergence on .50s is at 300. Where do i aim from 5-6k in order to turret the wirbletard?

conv. 400 yds. All guns, Shoot at 1k out, if you're coming ni at 90 Degree angle the Wirbs turret ( depending on directional facing ) will be hard pressed to aim directly over its head and shoot you, thus giving you the optimal target angel to safely de-turret a wirb.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2009, 11:13:47 AM »
Yes but the ROF between 2 guns continuous and 4 guns that need a reload time are very different.
Again going by lusche's statement continuous quad fire was not possible.

Yes it is possible.  Search the answer and you will find.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2009, 11:24:09 AM »
Yes it is possible.  Search the answer and you will find.
So you're saying lusche is spreading disinformation?
I want to be clear on this.
See Rule #4

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2009, 11:30:47 AM »
So you're saying lusche is spreading disinformation?
I want to be clear on this.

Looks like you are.....  :)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2009, 11:34:59 AM »
Looks like you are.....  :)
Do you know the difference between a question and a statement?

Answer the question pls. Because I find that Lusche has no motive to mislead anyone.
See Rule #4