Author Topic: PT boat, early comments on handling  (Read 528 times)

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
PT boat, early comments on handling
« on: December 26, 2000, 10:03:00 PM »
Handling is pretty good, overall.  I would still prefer independant throttle controls(and maybe I just haven't figured them out), but the overall feel is good, as is the wake graphic and sound.

But there is a serious problem with throttle and acceleration/decceleration.  That boat should point the nose to the sky till it planes, say 25 mph.  When you kill the throttles, the boat should STOP.  In fact, if you idle the throttles from full bore, it should broach the boat.  

WAGGING, I would say 0-full speed in about 60 seconds, full speed to 0 in about 10.  Anything less should cause the boat to flip.  Also please consider RPM vs time; these motors can't run full bore all day.

Over all, as I said, it is sweet.  Thank you very much for including the PT boat<S>!

Lizking

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2000, 02:41:00 AM »
I like it a lot. Its fun to drive.

I'm still very concerned about its ability to spawn from the fleets...I think it should do it only for organized missions, as right now the Avenger, to do succesfull torpedo runs,has to face, not yet the (already) impressive AA barrage the ships put up, but also a ring of fire from 5-6 PT boats surrounding the fleet.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2000, 02:47:00 AM »

Originally posted by Gadfly:
Also please consider RPM vs time; these motors can't run full bore all day.

Hehe, neither can B-17 engines, or other planes for that matter...