Author Topic: New Fw190 look for yourself :)  (Read 782 times)

Offline SIFTER

• Zinc Member
New Fw190 look for yourself :)
« on: January 06, 2000, 09:27:00 AM »
Check out the stabilizer construction yourself! A company in Germany is building new,yes, new Fw190's from original plans. With new Werk #'s as if they were continuing production. Make sure to click on cutaway drawing www.flugwerk.de  And you guys call yourselves real fans of the Fw190? Let me lead the way! <G>

Thzone

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2000, 10:20:00 PM »
ME: Mom, can I get trade my car, get a huge loan from the bank, and get an FW190?
MOM: A what?
ME: Just an old plane.
MOM: Well, I guess you are getting your pilots license this summer.  If you paid for the whole thing, sure, but I seriously doubt you can.
ME: (If she only knew the lengths I'd go to   If she only knew what kind of plane it was  )

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2000, 02:36:00 AM »
Isn't it ironic? The remake of FW190 being powered by ASh82T (which I suspect stands for Turbo or FN if Russian abbreviation is used) - the very powerplant found in La5/7s .

On the similar note - I've read that Yak-3s are being manufactired again somewhere in Ukraine using original equipment but Allisons for powerplants as the "proper" VK series engines are no longer available...

------------------
-lynx-
13 Sqn RAF

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2000, 03:12:00 AM »

Yes,
I saw the Yak replica at Wanaka Airfield (NZ), she was a real beauty.

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Windle

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2000, 05:57:00 PM »
Hell sifter, we've been discussing the Flug Werk 190's for well over a year on AGW  

There are already a couple of these ships in Mesa, Arizona.  A friend of a friend took delivery of one last year (still somewhat disassembled, but complete).  I believe the same gentleman has decided to be the stateside importer of these aircraft.  

Following the 190, Flug Werk plans on manufacturing a run of Bf-109's.  I'm curious what powerplant they will use for these.  There are a few DB601's avaiable, but I somewhat doubt the warbird industry would smile upon using a dozen of these rare engines to power what some consider 'replica' aircraft.  

Can't wait to see the first 'new-production' 190 fly.  Supposedly the first of the 5 'new-production' Me-262's will be flying into Oshkosh 2000 this year.  From what I understand, the first of the flying 'new-prod' FW-190's might be there as well.  I suggest that EVERYONE that can should try to make this unparalleled aviation experience during the last week in July.

Also the 'new-production' Ki-43's in Texas are making great progress.  The first of them probably wont fly for about 3 years I'd guess.

Considering there are already 'new-production' Grumman F3F's, and Yak-3's flying, it looks like the operational warbird industry has a pretty bright future.  

------------------
~Lt. Jg. Windle~

VF-17 The Jolly Rogers 8X
      Skychrgr@aol.com

combat23

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2000, 07:50:00 AM »
I'll take one of each please. Oh and a small airport to keep them at.