Author Topic: X52, magic trick to remove bonce>?  (Read 450 times)

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
X52, magic trick to remove bonce>?
« on: February 16, 2009, 04:30:58 PM »
I'm looking for some idea as in how to remove or minimize the bounce effect when going just off center of the stick.

I'm ok with defensive maneuvers, but when I get on someone's 6 and go to make minor adjustments to make the shot, I'm ALLL over the place. Without that bonce I should be racking up MANY kills. Because of it I am lucky to get 1-3.

There's enough to deal with in net latency and that timing etc... but when you throw a bouncy stick into the factor it's comparable to pulling your own teeth out, fighting all odds. It's been to a point where I just point in the general direction and spray and pray.

I understand this is usually having to do with snap to center sticks. I've used several settings of dampening and dead bands, and scaling,....I'm just not finding that honey spot.

I figure I won't get it to have zero bounce without a bad effect somewhere else... but does anyone have a ball park starting point for an X52?

I'm sure I'll get it eventually, I was just looking for a shortcut.

Thanks in advance
Animl
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Re: X52, magic trick to remove bonce>?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 06:23:11 PM »
No Shortcuts for You! ( or Soup if you've ever watched Seinfeld hehe)  When I went from CH stuff to the X52 I was the same way.  To me CH had that center Notch Notch clunk whereas the X52 doesnt.

For the longest time I flew the 52 the same way as the Combatstick that is with no scaling and the minimum dampening.  When I came back to AH this fall after the spring summer off Ive changed it to a minimum dampening and scaling starting at around 55-60 on the left and gradually going to full on the right. Hope it helps

PS Can I use you sig line lol

Mims (From the ashes of the Air Warrior Nation)
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Re: X52, magic trick to remove bonce>?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 08:55:45 AM »
1.)  Try a powered USB hub ($15).

2.)  If its a twisty rudder spike only, pedals were the only fix that worked for me ($100).