Author Topic: TrackIR  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
TrackIR
« on: February 17, 2009, 04:54:57 AM »
I was considering the trackIR system and I would like to hear some pro's and con's about it before I drop money on it......
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: TrackIR
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 04:58:27 AM »
Can't fly without it anymore.

Only real con is the price. But you may check out Freetrack first...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:12:06 AM »
What Lusche said - I cant fly without it. Con's are the cost

Pro's (IMO) are: Instinctual to use, you can make your profile more aggressive the more you use it, Improves your SA by removing the multi button pressing on the hat switch etc.

You may need to take some time to get used to it - but imo its worth the effort.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 05:18:28 AM »
The price is down to about $130.00, so considering I have spent way more then that in peddles and stick I think the price is reasonable.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 05:20:54 AM »
For TIR coupon, $30 - 35 off: http://dslyecxi.com/

It is more than worth the money in my opinion. 
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 07:16:58 AM »
I tried it. The concept and functionality is sound and reliable, but I ended up handing it off to my brother because I kept getting headaches from using it.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 08:24:05 AM »
completely awesome.   I love it.

My only issue is I'm using the trackclip pro and having issues with stutters in the high 9-6 oclock positions.  Has to do with the positioning of the clip, I'm sure.
"You rebel scum"

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 08:38:51 AM »
it is hard to fly with out it.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 09:16:27 AM »
Love it, takes some time to adjust your scaling to the way you like it but once you get use to it you wonder how you flew without it.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 09:49:20 AM »
My only issue is I'm using the trackclip pro and having issues with stutters in the high 9-6 oclock positions.  Has to do with the positioning of the clip, I'm sure.
You might want to adjust your profile to be a bit more agressive.  I only rotate my head a few degrees (the TrackClip pro is still pretty much pointed at the reciever) and have no trouble/stutter getting my view all the way around.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 10:43:21 AM »
You might want to adjust your profile to be a bit more agressive.  I only rotate my head a few degrees (the TrackClip pro is still pretty much pointed at the reciever) and have no trouble/stutter getting my view all the way around.

Can you show me what your setup looks like?  Sounds like a good idea.

**Edit**- what that means is, the settings and what they look like in the profile.   Also, do you have your receiver mounted on the left side of your monitor as is suggested by the manual? 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:18:47 AM by Rebel »
"You rebel scum"

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 10:57:58 AM »
I have a Track IR 3Pro with the vector expansion and the hat clip for sale and Ill toss in the TIR hat and original CD to boot.
I bought it but like others have said... I could not get used to it and have oinly used it a handfull of times.
PM me if you like

85 bucks includes shipping to the lower 48.

Track IR 3 Pro

Vector expansion clip and hat

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:00:13 AM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 01:10:18 PM »
Can you show me what your setup looks like?  Sounds like a good idea.

**Edit**- what that means is, the settings and what they look like in the profile.   Also, do you have your receiver mounted on the left side of your monitor as is suggested by the manual? 

When I get home from work, I'll get something for you.  And yes, the reciever is on the left-center of my monitor and the clip is over my left ear on my headset.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »
I found TrackIR to be useful only when in level flight and looking for cons. In combat the movement of your head is disproportionate to the amount of view change and this can cause judgment errors with respect to 'you' versus 'them' in three dimensions. AH allows a mouse pan function and that presents the same scanning motion. I use TrackIR but not in combat because I found the view system in AH to be superior already.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 01:32:04 PM »
i have trackir 4.

its awsome! takes a little work to get the profile set up for you personally. alot of into the game to test out of the game to correct ect ect, but once its done and your happy with the tweaking youll think its the greatest thing since sliced bread or a tater shooter!

i stopped using the track clip pro, went back to using the hat. the clip is too touchy and very difficult to get the settings right for, the hat on the other hand gives you all the same movement but is much easier to set up and tweak your profile with.

just remember if you get the trackir 4 make sure the vector and trueview boxes are checked!!! and leave yourself a good sized dead band on all axises, this will help you recenter when your shooting.

good luck and happy hunting
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr