Author Topic: when will begin 1941-42 a/c production?  (Read 942 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
when will begin 1941-42 a/c production?
« on: January 07, 2000, 01:59:00 AM »
Like the Spitfire MkV, my beloved Bf109F4 (yes Janneh  ), the Fw190A4, the Macchi C.202 (yes, all variants of what we have now) ... a pair of light/medium LW/RAF bombers ... with those high alt airfields we could play a Malta theatre ... even if we dont have a Med  

And yes, I know FM's need tuning and HTC is working on some ground vehicles, but I'd still like to know when.

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 01-07-2000).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2000, 02:18:00 AM »
Yes sir !
We want F!, we want F!, we want F!, we want F!
And why not those other flying things too  

God, I love these new smileys

LOL

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2000, 05:59:00 AM »
I really hope you guys don't think a real F-4 could hold it's climbrate like it does in a certain other game...  

does

He111
S.M.79
Blenhiem/Wellington

sound good?

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2000, 06:23:00 AM »
Six view will be interesting. But it sure is a beauty to fly.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2000, 08:01:00 AM »
Ah! Whose legs are you pullin'?   I'll begin a flame war if the F4 wont be able to outrun (slightly) and outclimb (fairly well) the MkV. The F4-MkV was the last balanced dogfight, IMHO the most interesting to fight.

As far as Malta and North Africa are concerned the SM79, the Wellington and the Ju87-88 sound very good. We'd need Cant bombers to feed RAF/RCAF cannons as well  

But we are dreaming, my euro friends  .
I'm afraid no theater without USAF a/c will be ever built. I'm talking about the Russian theater too. Marketing is marketing. I understand  

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 01-07-2000).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

combat23

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2000, 08:51:00 AM »
Aw guys, You  could still have U.S. Iron in those theaters. North Africa, P40 b-c-e (Brit. markings of course) A 20 (Bosten),B25,F4f3& 4 Wildcats.

USSR= Above with out the F4's. Add P39's, (B239's and Hawk's for the Finns.

As a matter of fact Hawks Even flew for the French.

Bout the only time you did not have some one flying U.S. iron was BOB and Malta and those were battles not theators.

Heck I hop we get them all.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2000, 09:33:00 AM »
Just have the Wasp wander closer with its F4Fs, Avengers, Dauntlesses.
Vichy French where also in theater.
It just seems to me that Malta offers one of the best simualtion enviroments of the war.
Static location.
Matched Planes.
Stratgic importance.
Long duration.
Changing fortunes.
No Uberplanes.

You could have two historical theaters set up.
Guadacanal, and Malta. Malta is probebly better because while it had a heavy naval component, it was mostly an air battle.
I am sure that there is an equivilent east front location. (Sevastapol? Leningrad?)  

spinny

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2000, 09:54:00 AM »
"Guadacanal, and Malta. Malta is probebly better because while it had a heavy naval component, it was mostly an air battle."

The Solomons was one long, long fight in the air, too: see Lundstrom, The First Team and the Guadalcanal Campaign.

------------------
Spinny, VF-17, The Jolly Rogers 8X

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2000, 10:04:00 AM »
Is that F4-MkV in the MTO or ETO? Didn't MTO MkV's all have a big fat dust filter? Every photo I've seen of MkV's in Malta, Nth. Africa, etc... they have the Vokes filter under the nose. And some have 4x20mm too.  

What about Fw190A-4 vs Spitfire F.IX? For such dissimilar designs, they have very close performance...

About those French Hawks... Apparently on 6 November 1939, JGr 102 (flying Bf109D) attacked 9 Hawk 75's of GCII/5 from a significant altitude advantage. Result? 4 109's shot down, and 4 force-landed. The French casualties; 1 Hawk 75 belly-landed. The Germans had a 3:1 numerical advantage, altitude, an experienced leader and higher performance fighters and got soundly beaten.

Strangely, the "new med terrain" for WarBirds apparently doesn't even have Malta in it.

[This message has been edited by juzz (edited 01-07-2000).]

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2000, 12:39:00 PM »

Oh well, axis fighters had the same problems with dust and sand filters.

Juzz,
wanna avoid a gastritis? Dont compare (early) MkIX and 190A-4   they should have similar performances.
And yes, french Hawks and D520 would be great for a Sitzkrieg/Blitzkrieg scenario.

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2000, 01:49:00 PM »
Somehow I don't think the dust filter on the Bf109F supercharger inlet caused anywhere as much drag as the Spitfire MkV's Vokes filter...

I read somewhere that the first Seafire IIC(Spit MkV) kill in Operation "Torch" was a Dewoitine D.520, hehehe.

combat23

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2000, 01:57:00 PM »
Juzz
Didn't follow the first part of your post. F4-Mkv?  Guess I'm just slow. by mkv and the filter statments you are refering to the spit(they sure were ugly with that filter) The f4f wildcat (Marlin to the brits) didn't have a filter. or at least not one you could see.
see ya on line.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2000, 05:01:00 PM »

Oh MY! One day after the post and look at the screenshots page!