Author Topic: Janneh, you got it!  (Read 625 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Janneh, you got it!
« on: January 07, 2000, 04:55:00 PM »
That F4 is a beauty!   And we could do a direct comparison between the C.205 and the G2.  

Would be intersting to know wich G6 type we'll get. Maybe the MW50 boosted one?

Another interesting thing: the 109G2 has the markings of a G2 flown by E.Lukkanen, spring 1944. During 4 months in 1943 HLeLv 34 was credited with the destruction of nearly 100 soviet fighters against the loss of only 6.

Men, cant believe how many 109 variants are inbound. This makes me believe the SpitMkV, the MC202 and maybe an early La are incoming as well ...        

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 01-07-2000).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
Janneh, you got it!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2000, 11:37:00 PM »
HOLY SMOKE !
Beauties !

I'm beginning to think that G-2's finnish markings are getting tradition  
Very good job HTC.

Yes, HLeLv 34 was a elite squadron, all the best pilots were gathered there, which had good and bad effects to other squadrons morale.
I must say I have very little knowledge about finnish airwar during WWII <G>.
I remember I've read somewhere, that FAF destroyed in a few months more planes(nme, LOL!) than in whole BOB were destroyed! Perhaps someone could confirm that ?
Gatt, you seem to know quite much about FAF, <S>!
I believe that was E.Luukkanen, btw(typo?)  

Perhaps I'm forced to fly G-2 (traditions),
but I'm going to get that beaty F-4 up too, that's for sure !

Btw, AH has finnish squadron ? Anyone ?
I think it's about time now...

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
Janneh, you got it!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2000, 07:28:00 AM »
Yes, this is all good... except for one thing...

The Bf109 cockpit is horrible! It needs reworking. The sides are sloped out too much, making for an extra wiiide front panel. And I don't see any reason why we have to have the instrument placements so incorrect as well... I fiddled some screenshots and put the instruments in the "correct" positions and sizes for the Spit, P-51, Fw190 and Bf109 and they all look much better.

If HTC allowed user access to the cockpit/instrument art, they wouldn't even have to do it themselves.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Janneh, you got it!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2000, 08:27:00 AM »
juzz,
These are virtual cockpits, not 2D sprites.  You would need a 3D modeller to change the cockpits.

------------------
leonid, aka grisha
129 IAP VVS RKKA

ingame: Raz

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
Janneh, you got it!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2000, 10:21:00 AM »
Oops. I only meant the textures. Allowing users to fiddle the polys would result in magical invisible cockpits of course.

The Bf109 cockpit does need reshaping, it's simply too wide!

damn, how do i get those other ones...?

[This message has been edited by juzz (edited 01-08-2000).]