Author Topic: Whats Up with you guys  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Whats Up with you guys
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 09:33:53 AM »
With all due respect Plawranc that knife cuts both ways.

This is an adults Sim, with gameplay, so if younger members work hard to act mature, and responsible, they tend to be greeted with open arms by the community.  If on the other hand they act like a bunch of 11 - 13 yr old hoodlums, they get treated like them.

I've been here since AH opened its doors, and I've been a AH Trainer for most of that time.
I bet I deal with more new young players daily than anyone else here.
Just like people everywhere, some are good, some have attitudes, some are loud, some expect everything
handed to them.

Those who can't follow rules get educated by me pretty quickly in the TA.
Those who treat others with respect and consideration find lots of help and advice.
But if you want to come into a community, first rule is you have to adjust to the community.
Don't expect the community to adjust to you.

Average age of AH pilots I think if you added them all up would probably be mid 30's or higher.
So if your under 18, try acting like your 35.
Listen much, say little, proper grammar, good sentence structure, and a good attitude all go a long way around here.

Read the manual or a few of the help pages instead of just endlessly saying "How do I fly"
And when you are directed to the trainers site or the netaces site, actually take the time to go there.

+1
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 09:36:49 AM »

This is an adults Sim, with gameplay, so if younger members work hard to act mature, and responsible, they tend to be greeted with open arms by the community.  If on the other hand they act like a bunch of 11 - 13 yr old hoodlums, they get treated like them.

I've been here since AH opened its doors, and I've been a AH Trainer for most of that time.
Just like people everywhere, some are good, some have attitudes, some are loud, some expect everything
handed to them.

Those who treat others with respect and consideration find lots of help and advice.
But if you want to come into a community, first rule is you have to adjust to the community.

Average age of AH pilots I think if you added them all up would probably be mid 30's or higher.
Listen much, say little, proper grammar, good sentence structure, and a good attitude all go a long way around here.

Read the manual or a few of the help pages instead of just endlessly saying "How do I fly"
And when you are directed to the trainers site or the netaces site, actually take the time to go there.

Couldn't say it any better than Ghosth.    :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 09:44:12 AM »

handed to them.

Ditto:

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 09:58:30 AM »
What Ghosth said.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »
I'm having a rant here

Now i have been noticing that when young players try to play this game the old players tend to leave them out.

Now they can be 15 or 16 and totally non squeaker but the old guys still have it in for them. Now this kind of thing really has to stop. The gaming community these days is mostly young people and being mean to them is gonna just in essence tell them to P** off and not come back and in turn going to lower sub rates and inadvertently cause the cancellation and Eventual shutting down of the game we love so much.

For this reason i must strongly suggest you guys lay off the young players and if they get annoying don't just yell SQUELCH say "dude could you not do that please" and that way everyone is happier and if they don't stop squelch them for ignoring your warning.

I also wish to stretch the point that AGE has nothing to do with skill. A misconception i have noticed is that anyone under 30 is a complete noob and not to waste your time on. Now if this continues it will create hostility and eventual confrontation. THIS IS A GAME and everyone wants a good time so respect everyone no matter their age no matter their pitch of voice and no matter their skill.

OK
The big bad man hurt me. :cry
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline 4propjoe

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 10:29:38 AM »
I spent years in the army baby sitting other peoples poorly raised children.
Im not going to do it here..

But, I think for the old timers we might find that if a couple of "squeekers" banded together and began submitting screenshots of the abuse this game might change very rapidly.
Your self attempts at being snobs might backfire and suddenly you will find yourself outnumbered.
One of my favorite tricks is to change my id every so often.  And watch my "friends" and "nice guys" insult and do nasty things to people when they dont think anyone who knows is around..it tells you a great deal about true character.
My current favorite nasty tricks are...

1.) People who spam on 200 that FSO is about to start and invite newer players to join them in the arena..once they arrive they are insulted by the staff and tossed out. Sometimes accompanied by laughter.
2.) Greenie generals..Vet players who demand that non-squad oriented players do as they say..and immediatly call them noobs or squeekers when they question that "authority".
3.) Saved this one for last cause I love it so...The professional.. this one screams on 200 when a no name kills him and sends nasty little private messages because and I quote " your a dirty Hoing noob and jesus should kill you." That one was from a 4 year player  that starting firing on my Niki HO at 1.5 out. lol.

So as you see gentlemen it is very possible that the new guys are more wronged than wrong..perhaps brush up on your social skills before calling them out.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:58:01 AM by 4propjoe »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 10:54:33 AM »
Yup that's not saying there are not low life on either side of that rope. A poor upbringin is generally carried on for life. The types your speaking of were once those same type kids.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 10:55:41 AM »

handed to them.

+2
Well put sir
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 11:18:17 AM »

But, I think for the old timers we might find that if a couple of "squeekers" banded together and began submitting screenshots of the abuse this game might change very rapidly.
Your self attempts at being snobs might backfire and suddenly you will find yourself outnumbered.
One of my favorite tricks is to change my id every so often.  And watch my "friends" and "nice guys" insult and do nasty things to people when they dont think anyone who knows is around..it tells you a great deal about true character.

1.) People who spam on 200 that FSO is about to start and invite newer players to join them in the arena..once they arrive they are insulted by the staff and tossed out. Sometimes accompanied by laughter.
2.) Greenie generals..Vet players who demand that non-squad oriented players do as they say..and immediatly call them noobs or squeekers when they question that "authority".
3.) Saved this one for last cause I love it so...The professional.. this one screams on 200 when a no name kills him and sends nasty little private messages because and I quote " your a dirty Hoing noob and jesus should kill you." That one was from a 4 year player  that starting firing on my Niki HO at 1.5 out. lol.

So as you see gentlemen it is very possible that the new guys are more wronged than wrong..perhaps brush up on your social skills before calling them out.

Why would the FSO insult people wanting to play?  The FSO staff doesnt spam arenas to get players in FSO. They only want those that have pre-arranged with an FSO squad to take part. It insults those that took the time to join a squad, make sure they are on time and read up on the orders to be ready. Dont blame the FSO staff and players.

~AoM~

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 11:20:26 AM »

1.) People who spam on 200 that FSO is about to start and invite newer players to join them in the arena..once they arrive they are insulted by the staff and tossed out. Sometimes accompanied by laughter.i have flown several FSO's, and NOT ONCE had i EVER seen anyone in there treated other than with full respect.
2.) Greenie generals..Vet players who demand that non-squad oriented players do as they say..and immediatly call them noobs or squeekers when they question that "authority".i see this a lot. it happens from noobs, and old timers.
3.) Saved this one for last cause I love it so...The professional.. this one screams on 200 when a no name kills him and sends nasty little private messages because and I quote " your a dirty Hoing noob and jesus should kill you." That one was from a 4 year player  that starting firing on my Niki HO at 1.5 out. lol.i can't believe people keep getting these pm's. i've never been pm'd when i kill someone, except to compliment the fight. but then i don't ho.

So as you see gentlemen it is very possible that the new guys are more wronged than wrong..perhaps brush up on your social skills before calling them out.some noobs bring it on themselves. they act like spoiled brats, and there's any number of players that are happy to treat them like poop when they do. then there's the kids that come in here, and act more like adults than a lot of us do. they never seem to have to be here complaining. it seems to me that you get what you give. come in the arena, be respectful, ask questions nicely(that means don't demand an immediate answer), and you'll get that very same respect in return.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Spyder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 11:36:15 AM »
LOL! I am gonna have fun with this one. The only time I have ever seen these little kids that need to be squelched or told off are the ones who play on their father's account. Other than that they are just numbers guys that don't even know how to transmit Vox.

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 11:41:26 AM »
I strongly disagree with this rant.  It is the community's responsibility to police unwanted, disrespectful and disruptive behavior for ourselves.

I will make one point and then generalize it to all such unwanted behaviors.

YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO TYPE IN CAPS 24/7.  To most of us it means that you are yelling and is considered very rude.  When I encounter these screamers, I try and politely ask them to turn the caps off.  I may get help from other players, I may not.  It is when this advise is blatantly ignored several times over for a substantial amount of time, that I begin to lose my patients with such a player.  Instead of further wasting my time and energy, I choose the easy route and that is squelch.

Not only that, but you will find the community largely will choose to shun such players from their squads, missions and activities.  If they wont listen to reason, we are left with very few courses of action.  Eventually (hopefully), they will realize that they are not receiving assistance that is normally given to others and change the behavior.

Now, in order to gain acceptance, obviously the behavior must have changed. However, that alone does not always mend the relationship (depending on how blatant the refusal to conform was).  But a thoughtful apology to those that were offended goes along way (as in life).  I do not know if this a young player, but it doesn't really matter anyway.  When your entire team is telling you something, maybe its time to shut up and listen.

There is one online currently that I will not help, clear, fly alongside nor listen to, simply because his actions were so severe and no apology or even an attempt at one was made to the community.  We are not stupid people that easily forget who offended us 2-3 months ago.

My 2 cents
HB
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 12:11:20 PM »
im 13.........................
Strokes

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 12:13:43 PM »

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 12:20:09 PM »
I'm having a rant here

Now i have been noticing that when young players try to play this game the old players tend to leave them out.

Now they can be 15 or 16 and totally non squeaker but the old guys still have it in for them. Now this kind of thing really has to stop. The gaming community these days is mostly young people and being mean to them is gonna just in essence tell them to P** off and not come back and in turn going to lower sub rates and inadvertently cause the cancellation and Eventual shutting down of the game we love so much.

For this reason i must strongly suggest you guys lay off the young players and if they get annoying don't just yell SQUELCH say "dude could you not do that please" and that way everyone is happier and if they don't stop squelch them for ignoring your warning.

I also wish to stretch the point that AGE has nothing to do with skill. A misconception i have noticed is that anyone under 30 is a complete noob and not to waste your time on. Now if this continues it will create hostility and eventual confrontation. THIS IS A GAME and everyone wants a good time so respect everyone no matter their age no matter their pitch of voice and no matter their skill.

OK

I'll bet that the guy that started this thread never shows up again in the thread, whats that tell you.  One the other hand now that I've called him on it maybe he will.
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"