Author Topic: Whats Up with you guys  (Read 2112 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Whats Up with you guys
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2009, 05:22:37 PM »
Sir, it is true that the U.S.A. has some regional dialects which may sound odd to your ear. It is also true that the U.K. has as many or more odd dialects, all in a land area smaller than many American states. Some of which (such as whatever they speak in Yorkshire) could not be made intelligible even if we had Universal Translator device from "Star Trek".

the translator microbes that they used on John Chriton work better.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2009, 05:47:26 PM »
Oh wow wrong you are i want the opinoins of the older and younger players so i can see how this works in the social pecking order.

As suprised as I am
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 05:54:57 PM by Hungry »
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2009, 06:35:23 PM »
I must be one of those weird squeeker noobs that no one likes :(  :uhoh. I would use Tony as a great mature person in the game. Myself on the other hand, I would play it like a game. My voice is so distorted on AH vox, or any camera for that matter, that I don't even sound nearly as close as I would if you talked to me in real person. I really don't understand why my voice gets changed by AH vox, or video cameras, but it does, just have to deal with it.
Anybody ever check the video that I did a wile back on my DO? Did anybody see anybody my age, in front of that spectator fence? That's the thing, I am the only one my age (16-18) that flies in the club. Most of the guys that go to the club are in the ages of 50+, and only a few young kids only ever come to spectate. Yes, I do hang out with old people, and I have some of the greatest mentors, that are not my age. I couldn't even triple my age sometimes, and get the number for some people that I hang out with.
That's what people think. Kids cannot interact with old people, because they have nothing to talk about? No, that is an untrue statement, and I can continually prove that wrong every day. When I join the military on the other hand, I'll be working with my generation of people. As of now though, I talk to you "old guys" all the time. 
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2009, 06:53:17 PM »
As of now though, I talk to you "old guys" all the time
"Eh?" Your chin's a waggin son, but thar aint a nuthin comin out ;)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »
I have 3 kids of my own, If mine acted the way some do in AH 1) there computer would be the last thing they saw until they moved out. 2) See rule 1.

Also its not my JOB in the game to be a Parent as in Life you get what you give  :aok

Crims
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2009, 07:47:21 PM »
the translator microbes that they used on John Chriton work better.

Half the aliens still came out sounding all British though...
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »
I'm having a rant here

Now i have been noticing that when young players try to play this game the old players tend to leave them out.

Now they can be 15 or 16 and totally non squeaker but the old guys still have it in for them. Now this kind of thing really has to stop. The gaming community these days is mostly young people and being mean to them is gonna just in essence tell them to P** off and not come back and in turn going to lower sub rates and inadvertently cause the cancellation and Eventual shutting down of the game we love so much.

For this reason i must strongly suggest you guys lay off the young players and if they get annoying don't just yell SQUELCH say "dude could you not do that please" and that way everyone is happier and if they don't stop squelch them for ignoring your warning.

I also wish to stretch the point that AGE has nothing to do with skill. A misconception i have noticed is that anyone under 30 is a complete noob and not to waste your time on. Now if this continues it will create hostility and eventual confrontation. THIS IS A GAME and everyone wants a good time so respect everyone no matter their age no matter their pitch of voice and no matter their skill.

OK

As long as they are over 18 and act 'normal' and don't talk too much - I'm hanging with them.  The 18 thing is only because I don't want to have to watch what I say..I'm vulgar.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2009, 08:04:24 PM »
kids make me fart  :uhoh
Lighten up Francis

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2009, 08:07:54 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:37:22 PM by Skuzzy »
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2009, 08:16:14 PM »
I love this game and to a lesser extent the people in it :) but it seems that no one pays attention. My point im getting across is simple.

I want to have fun. To have fun i shoot people down. Some one makes a funny comment on the country channel. I make a joke about the comment people laugh. Then some one says "you didnt put a comma there or a full stop here and you left out a hyphen etc".

Its all rather annoying.

wat r u doing?

You can understand that can't you? or what about

WTF was tht about?

You can read that.

You see less text more space and more importantly less squeaking.

Oh and LOL Sincraft you can lower that to 15 Because if theyve made it this far without saying the F word 15 times a day They are obviously christian and wouldnt involve themselves in killing other human beings in an electronic war. :)
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2009, 09:01:04 PM »
I think this kid means business  :rofl
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:04:14 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2009, 09:12:12 PM »
Don't know about other people but I haven't felt "excluded" at all.  I'm 16 and don't think most people (young or old) have any problems with me.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2009, 09:13:32 PM »
I love his logic.  :aok
He gets marked down for writting in the first person too much so he just doesn't capitalise the "i".  :O
Brillant! :rock
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2009, 09:33:39 PM »
I just read the original post and all I can do  :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2009, 09:54:41 PM »
Plawranc, first off <S> for having an opinion, and believing in yourself enough to stand up for it.
I may disagree with the opinion at times, but never in your right to have it or air it.

Second, come hang out in the TA for an hour or 2 some afternoon, make sure you tune channel 6 the "help" channel. Usually  anytime after 4 till late evening you'll find a bunch on. Some of those will be old vets, some newer guys working on planes, and some brand new dweebs.

Listen for an hour or 2, maybe we will get lucky and you can watch me work.
Or maybe even dance for a bit in Val's.

Believe me, I've had 7 yr olds that I've worked with that I had no problem with.
And I've had 30+ yr old guys that I've booted several times for failure to follow the most basic rules.
Age is NOT the key here, but how you interact with society is.

I've had many friends in the under 18 age over the years.
No discrimination here.

This community is fairly tolerant until you reach the tipping point.
Then its not tolerant at all.  You earn your way here the old fashioned way, one day at a time.
Time will show if you can be trusted, if your someone good to have close in a fight. Or if I  see you taxing on the runway I go find someplace else to fly.  Reputations take time to build, and can be torn down in 2 minutes if your not careful.

Last, bookmark this thread, come back here and read it again after you've been around here for 8 - 10 years.
Then tell me you still see things the same way. :)