Author Topic: Updated Ju87  (Read 1066 times)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Updated Ju87
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:28:41 AM »
Is it possible to update the Ju87 anytime soon? I can label a few things that are missing and hope to be added along with the new update... or the next.  ;)

In floor Panel:

AH Panel: Bomb abstructs the entire or nearly 90% of it, making it nearly impossible to actually know when you're directly over your target. sure you can use F3, but where's the immersion at.  ;)

Diving Angles on the side cockpit window:

AH: We don't have em. Add em, alright?  ;)

20mm??!?!: 

AH: Hmm, maybe place on the "to do" list...   :O

Why update or add new versions of the stuka?  SIMPLE!

-although the Stuka exemplifies the idea of dive bomber. The Stuka was the first aircraft to fulfill the concept of pinpoint dive bombing. In fact, the term Stuka is almost synonymous with dive bombing.

To me,the best attributes of the aircraft is its steadiness and its accuracy. The JU87 is the most stable dive platform (I have found) and it compares very well with its contemporaries in payload and durability. It is a better view system than its contemporaries, especially when looking down on the target. It is a beautiful aircraft in its intended role.   

So get too it HTC!  :aok

Also, look at this video. Maybe it will change everyone's mind.  :salute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEovxiP2Rxg

Also, a good Ju87G1 movie for my old thread for the workhorse.   :salute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW_zHZ5MPIA
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:41:18 AM by MjTalon »

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Updated Ju87
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 11:32:03 AM »
I think these updates might give the ole Stuka some more popularity.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:33:47 AM »
I think these updates might give the ole Stuka some more popularity.

Updated with link spikes.  :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 11:46:46 AM »
couldn't agree more, stuka was a huuuuge part of the blitzkrieg and early war, really would like to see this thing have a bigger role

they should also add the siren they had on the stuka, let the gv's know they're only seconds away from death  :t

although the Stuka exemplifies the idea of dive bomber. The Stuka was the first aircraft to fulfill the concept of pinpoint dive bombing. In fact, the term Stuka is almost synonymous with dive bombing.

the stuka was made for dive bombing, i believe its the only aircraft made specially for that role.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 11:48:32 AM »
couldn't agree more, stuka was a huuuuge part of the blitzkrieg and early war, really would like to see this thing have a bigger role

they should also add the siren they had on the stuka, let the gv's know they're only seconds away from death  :t

the stuka was made for dive bombing, i believe its the only aircraft made specially for that role.

the siren was removed during the later parts of the war once they found out that it no longer played a role in creating a physiological effect, hence in the two videos i posted, the G models had their sirens removed.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 11:54:17 AM »
great ideas especially the port in the floor
been there destroyed that

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 12:12:20 PM »
Some people think that the "Germans" have had enough updates to aircraft and new aircraft.

However two aircraft which were a large part of combat on the eastern front are missing. 

The Hs-129-B2 and the Ju-87G.  We need them both, but at least one of them for SEA. 

The Ju-87G is the easiest to add.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:26:08 PM »
I'm all for an update to the Stuka but not the addition of 20mm wing mounted cannons.  The D-3 didn't have 20mm cannons, that was the D-5 and the D-5 differed from the D-3 that it would require adding that particular model to get 20mm cannons.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 12:27:25 PM »
i believe its the only aircraft made specially for that role.

The SBD was as well (scouting was always a secondary role).
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 12:42:40 PM »
Stukas are actually fairly fun to play with.

last night in the SEA2 furballing event (thanx ROS!) i took a stukka out and turn fought Orbital in his Ki84. now of course the ending was a foregone conclusion, before we even merged i knew i could not contend with a KI. but i kept him twisting and turning and he damn well had to work for that kill! it was fun and difficult and exciting to every turn be just a hair to low to put guns on him. the stukka must have absorbed almost every one of his cannon rounds and most of his bb's before i finally succumbed to the pilot wound he had given me early in the fight and sat still enough for him to finish the job.

i would love to see this ride get a nice face lift and some cannons added. just for the fun it would be to take one up and dance with the lesser armored but faster rides. if you really wanna learn how to turn fight and control your e states that is the ride to practice with! she is not gonna give you anything free you gotta be willing to work for it. and any mistake will leave you hanging on a string for your opponent to pluck at his leisure!
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline theNewB

• Copper Member
      • http://www.greatergermany.net
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »
I also agree update would be nice, Though i agree with Ack Ack about no 20's, rather have more ord options with an update then oneday the G model.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 01:14:55 PM »
I see no reason not to have an update of the Stuka and another 1 or 2 versions added.   ;)

I too think an update would be new life back into this lumbering heavyweight of a diver bomber.  The G model would be prime, imo.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 02:22:35 PM »
It would be nice if they update the 88 as well when they do it (IIRC it had a similar divebombing angle thing on the side of the cockpit, and a kind of sight on the glazed part of the bottom.

Want a 20mm for it as well :aok

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 02:35:46 PM »
Apologies for making a suggestion for the  20mm D model. I am only requesting to update our current 87,88 and add the G1 as a cannon tank buster for the luftwaffe since every other side has one except the japs.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 02:38:28 PM »
(and the Italians)