Author Topic: Flying fighters  (Read 1100 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Flying fighters
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:20:34 PM »
Well, I set aside score for this camp to concentrate on flying a lot of different aircraft again (mostly fighters).  The past few days have been frustrating as h***!  I HATE the P-40E.  What a piece of cr** next to the B model (very nice).  Making it worse it took me a full day to realize that it's .50's aren't the same as normal .50's and i had my convergence set way too long at first.

Then, let's talk about the C.202's peashooters.  You want to talk about a plane that's hard to get a kill in.  It flies great but you've got to get saddled up pounding for several seconds to damage another aircraft.  Really, I LOVE how it flies.  I now fondly think of it as my little assist machine.

For all the negative talk the La-7 is sweet but I really fell in love with the P-47N this camp.  It is a killing machine flown correctly.  Ahh... that now seems like a sweet faded memory.

I've knocked around 25 planes off my list so far and have about 16 to go.  Not sure I'll make it so this might have to extend another camp.  I'm trying to really put them though their paces, fighting one on one, furballing and even buff hunting when the opportunity presents itself (not reccommended in the C.202) and not give up on one until I at least have a positive K/D ratio in it.

I've been taking any and all of them into places I would never consider while playing for score.  It's kind of a relief to be able to jump into a me on ten again just looking for a few kills and not worrying about how I'm going to exit.

Anyway, not sure why I posted this but I'm looking forward to this weekend and knocking off a few more.

Oh, and BTW, wouldn't it be better if everyone had this attitude?  There'd be a lot more and a lot better fights in the MA not to mention aircraft diversity.  Not saying play my way... just food for thought.  Even I only do this every few months.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Flying fighters
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 11:31:11 PM »
I like both the P40s but only use them when the eny is really high. They are great anti-pacerr anti-La7 planes. I set my guns the same exact way as I do in the P51 and always have good luck. :aok

I saw you were in a 202 and twice tonight I tried to herd some fighters into you but I dont know if it worked out for you. I dont know if you saw what happened after I asked about dropping the one pony but... you were out of sight when I was finished there. I got called a warper for killing the second pony but hey at least I offered cover and asked before just stealing him outright.

(Has anyone ever seen me warp?)  :confused:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 11:43:07 PM »
I like both the P40s but only use them when the eny is really high. They are great anti-pacerr anti-La7 planes. I set my guns the same exact way as I do in the P51 and always have good luck. :aok
Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????“vī“vī       267286196MltCpy2.10 FILL FILLed Sector; ST500DM002-9YN14 (CC4H) S1D5GMZYData Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????me warp?)  :confused:

I saw you warp tonight but that doesn't  mean you are a habitual warper. Could have been a server hiccup.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »
I saw you warp tonight but that doesn't  mean you are a habitual warper. Could have been a server hiccup.

I have always thought you were a nice guy Steve and I dont hold it against you. I have been told connection issues show up in films and thats why I offered to forward it to Skuzzy. Some really harsh words were flying about connections on squad channel at that very moment and made it hard to shoot straight with that in my ear. You appeared to know where I was but if I had known you were having issues I would have left the fight.  :salute
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:52:43 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 12:05:06 AM »
I have always thought you were a nice guy Steve and I dont hold it against you. I have been told connection issues show up in films and thats why I offered to forward it to Skuzzy. Some really harsh words were flying about connections on squad channel at that very moment and made it hard to shoot straight with that in my ear. (Image removed from quote.) You appeared to know where I was but if I had known you were having issues I would have left the fight.  :salute

Heat of the moment stuff dude. Can't say which end it was on... doesn't really matter. I was in a casual break because you weren't close to solution then  BANG. Aggravating.. not so much the death but because we were all alone and about to have a 1v1 fight.....spoiled by a warp.....*sigh*

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 12:12:04 AM »
In all honesty I was totally shocked it was you after the fact.  :salute We have hijacked this gentlemans thread. Sorry BaldEagle.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 12:29:42 AM »
Does that mean Steve was one of the three P-51's that kept running... I mean "extending" from me?  Like I'd get a killing snapshot or something in a 202.   ;)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 12:36:06 AM »
Does that mean Steve was one of the three P-51's that kept running... I mean "extending" from me?  Like I'd get a killing snapshot or something in a 202.   ;)

No I had literally just arrived, from what I remember.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 01:02:48 AM »
The other two 51s were SW squad.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 01:17:37 AM »
Well, I set aside score for this camp to concentrate on flying a lot of different aircraft again (mostly fighters).  The past few days have been frustrating as h***!  I HATE the P-40E.  What a piece of cr** next to the B model (very nice).  Making it worse it took me a full day to realize that it's .50's aren't the same as normal .50's and i had my convergence set way too long at first.

The P-40E's 6x.50cals are the same as the P-51, F6F, F4U, etc.  What might be different is the lousy over-the-nose view of the P-40E, which makes deflection shooting completely blind.

Glad you're having fun. ;)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 01:22:16 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 03:16:02 AM »
Spits are fun For deflection shooting but i bet youve already ran through the spits by now eagle
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 04:51:44 AM »

Oh, and BTW, wouldn't it be better if everyone had this attitude?  There'd be a lot more and a lot better fights in the MA not to mention aircraft diversity.  Not saying play my way... just food for thought.  Even I only do this every few months.

Nice topic BaldEagl, yes i agree if everyone had that attitude the fights would be awsome, its kinda rare these days to find a good even fight usually one country hoardes the other or they just alt monkey runtards. I fly how you mentioned my only aim is to get a few kills i dont care if i RTB or not the fact is if im flying to stay alive i turn into a rundweeb if i get in trouble so past few months i have just gone into anyone against any number of planes if i get a few kills im happy.

I havnt had the pleasure of you killing me for a very long time now Chalenge thankfully but i have never had a problem with you warping must be a recent thing.
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 07:12:02 AM »
Ive been doing the same the past 2 months BaldEagl and have been having alot of great fun, honestly getting ganged is sometimes fun, you can see how many it takes to bring you down. Have you flown the Spit 9 yet? Thats whhat Im currently on and honestly its the best luck I have had with spits, I got a problem with sending them into a nasty stall that I cant recover(too much stick stirring :D)
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 08:47:51 AM »
I gave up playing for score after my first three or four months online.  Now I fly to have fun...and fly high eny planes like the Hurri-1 and pepper the heck outta everything with my mean .303's O' Death.   :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 08:59:48 AM »
Spits are fun For deflection shooting but i bet youve already ran through the spits by now eagle

I have flown just about every plane in the set at some point but there were a few missing that I hadn't (the P-40's and the C.202 among them).

I track my plane by plane stats for six months on a spreadsheet (yes I'm a dweeb) and try to fly every plane at least once every six months.  The thing is I quit doing that to concentrate on score for a while and now I'm playing catch-up.  Also, this time, as I mentioned I'm trying to really put each one through it's paces instead of just flying around getting a couple of picks and landing it. 

I really learned a lot about the P-38's this camp.  They are very nice fighters but don't have the speed and dive capabilities that better fit my style and without drop tanks I'm not crazy about their range.  Also, I didn't experience any noticable difference using the dive flaps in the L vs not having them in the J.  I used to think the G was my favorite but the J is sweet.

I've got to get the .205 out of the way then I think I'll be moving to more familiar territory in the 109's.  Hopefully by the weekend I'll be giving the Japanese fighters another workout or maybe the Hurris, Mossie and Typh.  Ahh... what a problem to have.

So anyway, have fun killing me.   ;)