Author Topic: early war AC : a lost hope?  (Read 1631 times)

VISCONTI

early war AC : a lost hope?
« on: May 30, 2000, 01:02:00 PM »
I need more information on where this game will develop.

I read a lot of posts that say : "When D9... When F8F.... When F16"

I want to know if this game will be filled whit late war planes or whit the planes that can give the "WW2 Flight Simulation" name at this game.

I hope to see D9 and the others late war planes but i think that add only late war planes will not change the game or call more people from others ww2 flightsim.

We have a lot of beautiful AC like : P-40, P-39, CR42, Hurrycane, Bf-110, G50, Wellington, He111, Betty, Mig ,Ju87, Il-2, D520, ecc..
but all people (those that write here) need powerfull planes whit 4 20mm or laser guided rockets.

I am really bored at this ponit, and the only future i see is a game whit 85% of late war planes.

I'm not quiting the game cause i still hope to see a real WW2 flight sim, AH have the possibility to destroy all others WW2 sims but not whit late war planes.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2000, 01:39:00 PM »
Visconti, how are late war aircraft any less representative than the early war aircraft?

Now if it didn't serve in combat during the war, then I agree with you.

But how is a FW190D9 any less representative than a D520? Both served for relatively small portions of the total war.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2000, 01:58:00 PM »

VISC,

sometime ago I was whining about the same thing and PYRO replied that never modeled late-war kites are good and make the sim unique.

I'd like to see early war planes as well, but IMO we are very far from it. Even if we have the C.202, the 109F-4 and the Spit MkVb.
These kites look alone in the arena, good only for Scenarios. And the incoming A6M5b ... only cannon fodder.

Yes, yes, you can use them to Turn&Burn low above fields .... or to bounce someone with very low SA. Not my fighting style anyway ..

Sad GATT

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2000, 02:23:00 PM »
Vermillion, IMHO problem is not representativity of planes, but to complete the planeset, i want for sure try flying the ta-152, do-335, me-262, spit xiv, me-163 (wow  ), but i want to fly me-110 (in buffhunter and early versions), g50, cr42, gladiator, hurricane, p40, ki43, d520, po-16, pzl (polska), sbd, tbf, f4f, f6f and so on... (lot lot more), not only the quasi-jets uberplane, 'course in separate planeset arena, or any other idea HTC wil have, but i wish to try it with this accurate FM.

BTW visco and gatt, i'm thinking HTC is still doing some work for early planes, Lancaster is a 43-44 plane, a6m5 is a little bit old (almost last zero, but there are newer jap uberfighters), fw190a5 is not the newest fw, so they seem to give us some uber, some older at the same time, i guess how they start separate the planes when the time-scissor become larger.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2000, 02:23:00 PM »
Early war planes will be cannon fodder, no matter what type you put in. D520, Spit I, Tomahawk, they can all hope for a miracle to get a kill, not to mention a positive K/D.

What do you think will be left of a poor Zeke after even shortest snapshot from cannon Hog ?

The game went aside from historical representation when cannon Hog was introduced. The question is why HTC doesn't want to admit it and introduce a plane which will restore the balence. A historical plane will do.

Would D-9 be that plane ? Maybe, but it would again require patient approach againt ever so aggressive C Hog drivers, capitalizing on their mistakes.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2000, 02:59:00 PM »
as long as they keep adding planes they will eventually run out of uber planes to make and will  be forced to work backwards      

the early war a/c compete better w the late war monsters w/o icons too.

I'll still fly the p38L mostly even though it will be eclipsed by any LW a/c beyond the fw190a5 and 109g6.
oddly the p51 is able to turn with it and accelerates as good as the p38L so those are fun to squish too.

I just find the kills to be quite satisfying when you know the enemy has a 40mph speed and or climb advantage and they still end up dead in all their late war glory, so in a way the early war a/c in a sense thumb their nose at technology of the enemy and seem to say... you just died to a 109f4 in a 109g10... you suck! LOL  

even most latewar a/c are gonna have problems with some of the insane performance monsters of 1944-45 though.

[This message has been edited by Citabria (edited 05-30-2000).]
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2000, 03:16:00 PM »
I too long for the early-war planes, Visconti. But I've seen the writing on the wall, and it looks like our hope for a huge early-war planeset is to be denied until the far future.

So, I've just decided to enjoy what we get with late-war and "what if" planes for now, with the hope that within three years, we may see HTC start to get serious about the early war.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2000, 03:59:00 PM »
Naso, I too am interested in a complete planeset.  Plus I am one of the biggest fans of scenario's here in AH  

My point is that they started with late war, we can't change that now,  so lets complete the late war as best we can and then work our way back.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2000, 04:31:00 PM »
we just need more everything from 1942-1944  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

funked

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2000, 05:31:00 PM »
I'm with Verm.  Let's get a complete set of planes for every role.  I.e. I'd rather have this:

1945 fighter
1945 fighter-bomber
1945 attack aircraft
1945 heavy bomber
1945 medium bomber
1945 dive bomber than

than this:

1940 fighter
1941 fighter
1942 fighter
1943 fighter
1944 fighter
1945 fighter

The first set is useful for scenarios and arena combat.  The second set is useful for dueling and little else.

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2000, 07:41:00 AM »
Being probably one of the worst shots around, I still don't comprehend this false sense that earlywar= dogmeat. In WB I flew the P40, a lot, I died quite a bit, which is no biggie since I die a lot in anything, but I did manage a respectable rate of exchange for my time (this was before the RPS) any plane with guns is dangerous if you end up on the wrong end of it, uberplanes are better at staying out of that position, but nobodies perfect.
Note; I've also killed a 262 in a zeke, that, and the common ch talk afterwards, was a riot  

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2000, 07:44:00 AM »

Originally posted by pzvg:
Note; I've also killed a 262 in a zeke, that, and the common ch talk afterwards, was a riot  

ROFL!...

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2000, 08:19:00 AM »
Yesterday I got 3 victories in G-2...(in same flight of course)

Funniest was f4u    

Staga

[This message has been edited by Staga (edited 05-31-2000).]

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2000, 08:36:00 AM »

Originally posted by Staga:
Yesterday I got 3 victories in G-2...(in same flight of course)

Funniest was f4u    

Staga

[This message has been edited by Staga (edited 05-31-2000).]

3 days ago I got 6 kills in G2  ...2 F4Us,2 Spits, a 109 and a 190...

And i returned to base  

109G2------>the most underrated plane in AH

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2000, 09:28:00 AM »
We all know that Zekes can kill unaware and/or turn&burning P51s dweebs. We are not talking about that.

1942-45 aircraft all in the same arena is, IMHO, a nonsense.
Moreover, I like early-mid war kites becouse the 1940-42 air war is more balanced. We'd see less HO, less cannon-monsters, more balanced fights between axis and allied fighters.

AH is still in development so I accept it. In a few months I will know where we are going.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown