Author Topic: Wishlist Testing Arena  (Read 335 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Wishlist Testing Arena
« on: February 25, 2009, 12:15:26 PM »
What if HighTech creates an arena to test out all of the fun things thought up on the wishlist that only saw limited use during WWII or were just too powerful to create for AH? B-29, Nuke bomb, V1/V2 rockets...you name it. This could be kind of like a Beta test arena to see what new things should be brought into the main arenas and what needs tweekin.  :rock

Of course, it would take alot of time and effort on their parts just to create something that probably wouldnt work. Oh well, just thinking.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 12:22:14 PM by shotgunneeley »
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
Re: Wishlist Testing Arena
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 01:09:35 PM »
Maybe not every random idea, like nukes, but ideas that are logical and HTC is considering. If you made it have all sorts of crazy gameplay ideas, new players wouldn't even go to the mains, they'd fly there only. If you made the ideas logical to gameplay, the arena might not actually be overused. And HTC might get to see how certain potential ideas could be implemented.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »
So spend a few months and countless person-hours into creating a plane that may or may not get in game?

I love the idea but I don't think it is practical.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 05:41:26 PM »
If you made it have all sorts of crazy gameplay ideas, new players wouldn't even go to the mains, they'd fly there only.

You make that sound like it would be a BAD thing.

:D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 08:41:42 PM »
It's not very practical for HTC to make enough 'test aircraft' that would allow for an arena to be built then only implement a few of them.  I think once they give the green light on an aircraft, they see it through.  I'm assuming it's an incredible amount of work in all fields to get new A/C into the game.  Maybe if they hired 5 additional expert programmers and art designers they could do this.    ;)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »
Actually, maps have a great amount to do with the gameplay.  If there was a new map testing area, some bugs maybe beta tested and increase the rotation of maps. :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok