Author Topic: HiTech - with today's crappy economy....  (Read 1769 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Re: HiTech - with today's crappy economy....
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 08:29:27 PM »
i see help wanted signs all around philly, and south jersey.

:lol wonder why?

No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 09:16:24 PM »
I was a pack a day smoker for 18yrs, used Chantix and poof, no problems quitting, no funny dreams nothing. The stuff was a god send.

Now i have extra money in my pocket, and the wife has more money to by shoes  :frown:

Good luck sir 
Patch and lozengers did it for me...now my only problem is getting myself over the patch and lozenger addiction
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 09:26:49 PM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 07:27:15 AM by Skuzzy »
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 09:38:23 PM »
How about we make it $14.98 a month. Does that satisfy everyone!
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 09:50:43 PM »
I beat up a panhandler to get the money to pay for this monthly.  :(

IT WAS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 10:24:41 PM »

Not enough illegal aliens.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2009, 03:43:09 AM »
I think these games will not be affected by the economy. If anything business probably will increase, as people look for cheap entertainment,.....but whats a colonal know?(movie theatres are on the rebound too)
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2009, 07:19:18 AM »
In light of the fact the price has not gone up at all since I started playing after all these years I would say no to discounts at this point.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 07:39:34 AM »

Mstly because there's jobs available in the area? :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2009, 07:41:02 AM »
Not enough illegal aliens.

wrongway

ooooo considering we're so far north.......we have MUCH MORE than our share. landscapers, resturants, carwashes all hire em. they're everywhere. really frustrating actually.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 07:41:22 AM »
pump it up to $20  make sure Htc gets enough scotch.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2009, 10:49:22 AM »
my guess would be that if everyone would stop harping on the crappy economy, and spend money on something...anything, then the economy wouldn't be so crappy.

Today is my last day at my job. Think I'll buy a new truck and house and a case of beer. Well, maybe a case of beer....and try to make it last.

But I ain't saying anything about the state of the economy. :t

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2009, 11:06:24 AM »
Today is my last day at my job. Think I'll buy a new truck and house and a case of beer. Well, maybe a case of beer....and try to make it last.

But I ain't saying anything about the state of the economy. :t

ask them for a bail out afterwards.
do you already have something else lined up? or did they blindside ya?

seriously, that's what i'm trying to say though. you're losing your job, because people are hoarding their money now, and not buying like they used to......regardless of whether or not it's a product, or service.

put it another way.

you work for ace widgets. they're kicking but. selling widgets faster than the can make em. so many, that they have to hire someone to help you produce them.

now the talking heads start talking about how bad things are. they keep harping on the dow dropping(although when it goes up, they just barely whisper it). now people are somewhat nervous. ace isn['t selling as many widgets now. so they lay off the new guy. the talking heads harp on unemployment going up now, and less goods being sold. now spending is so off, that ace is barely able to pay their utilities, and suppliers, so they lay you off, and curtail ops to skeleton crew.
 now, everyone is laid off from ace, except for 1 person. more talk of unemployment going up. more talk of dow dropping. more people not spending now, as they're scared. laid off people stop spending too(for obvious reasons) thus causing other companies to have to lay off people. they in turn stop spending. those not laid off, stop spending, due to fear of being laid off. the economy comes to a screeching halt, all thanks to the talking heads on the news shows. it fuels itself. it is horrible, and i do feel bad for those(like you and sunka) that've lost their jobs....you've no clue how bad i feel about that. i also realize that there's other deeper reasons for the problems we have right now too. but the fact is, had they not harped on this poop, people would've kept spending their money, and ace widgets would still be kicking but.

again, i know there's deeper things causing problems too, and i am not judging anyone.........it's just what i think.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2009, 11:15:56 AM »
  I ay closeto 100 bucks a onth if you include the cable/modem/HTC and some storage. The 15 bucks for AH is nothing, its all the other stuff to get me here.

~AoM~

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2009, 11:48:31 AM »
but the fact is, had they not harped on this poop, people would've kept spending their money, and ace widgets would still be kicking but.

Sorry, but that just isn't true. People were spending like drunken sailors because banks were giving them credit. The government was doing it because foreign investors gave it credit. When that credit started to dry up due to a number of factors, none of them having much to do with media coverage, the spending had to stop.

There's a limit to how much you can spend without actually having the money. As a nation, we just smacked into that limit like a bug hitting a windshield at 90 mph.