Author Topic: HiTech - with today's crappy economy....  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: HiTech - with today's crappy economy....
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2009, 12:51:41 PM »
yep - it ain't that we are not spending that is the problem, the cause of this mess is that people SPENT money they did not have -  credit cards and/or mortgages.

the money was NEVER there and now we have the gov is trying to re-inflate that false credit balloon by pumping money into one side of it not realizing or ignoring the fact that there is a huge hole on the other side releasing anything they throw into it faster than they can pump.

SAVE your money now - while you still have it .. unless you want to be on government assistance the REST OF YOUR LIFE

but even saving your money may not help as when they are through printing the "free" money, the dollar will be worthless - you may have a fair job but you'll be no further ahead as everything will cost 6x as much as it should .. we are truly:

IMO
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2009, 02:13:16 PM »
Rule #451

Never ask for more and it to also be cheaper in the same sentence.
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2009, 10:54:39 PM »
Asking for cheaper aces high is like seeing a fair deal and still trying to knock a bit off. The shop keeper put the apples on display at that price to ensure they sell, you can't ask for another discount from a fair trader. The ones who sell high price apples are who you haggle with, imo.
 It hangs in a balance, even $1 per month less from every player might make a large difference. They have worked out the balance that offers a fair price with a surviving business. With respect Eagler, what you are asking for is cheaper and better quality apples right now, even if it means the apples one day run out.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2009, 11:17:50 PM »
jesus h.

it's very simple.. htc will charge what the market will bear.

Despite the fretting, most of us can still afford $15 a month.

HTC will adjust prices if the math shows they need to.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Kotari

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2009, 05:21:34 AM »
If that 15/mo seems too much, would it be any different if it would be 14/mo ?

People thinking HTC can cut their prices down to half are seriously tripping with wrong ingredients.
They still have business to run, salaries to pay and hopefully continue to provide us service that is very cheap entertainment in my books.

Im fighting the urge to start pointing at the general direction who started this bloody mess in the first place, and allready the second time in the past century i might add, are the cause of GLOBAL recession.
Yes, its not just you yanks who are suffering, every day we have news of people getting laid off...
-=Die Rammjäger VIII=-
Lentolaivue 34

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults"

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2009, 06:51:50 AM »
15$ for a month of play 24/7, and you cant it cheaper?

~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline LBurke6652

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2009, 02:59:57 PM »

Personally, I can't see a better way to spend 15 of my hard-earned dollars every month. :aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »
If Hitech isn't incorporated, he just got a tax increase, which, were I him, would pass on to my customers :salute
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/