Author Topic: Fuzzy Math  (Read 687 times)

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
Fuzzy Math
« on: February 28, 2009, 12:36:55 PM »
I up an M4 Firefly and proceed to kill (3) T34/85"s, (2) shermans (1) tiger and (2) panzers then catch a lucky shot and end up in the tower then as i go back into the hanger to grab a new one i noticed i purchased the 1st sherman at 6 perks and it says "last sortie  - 4.62??   :O even after killing a 50+ perked tiger several perked shermans and several perked T34's this seems like fuzzy math to me its my opinion that if you die after upping a perked ride and before you kill any other vehicle then ok you lose perks, but if you are able to kill 1 other perked ride then it should 0 youre cost and everything else should be on the + side. Ive actually had squadmates with more than 12 kills and they still lose perks after they die. This just doesnt make any sense in my book.So in short the perk system needs some work :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:41:08 PM by smokey23 »

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Re: Fuzzy Math
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 01:09:00 PM »
You gain 1 perk point if you kill an enemy in the same vehicle as you because your ENY/his ENY = 1 (assuming country numbers are equal).  Therefor you could kill many gv's but you will still lose perk points overall if you die.  Perk price of enemy killed is not factored into receiving perk points.

"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 02:17:46 PM »
Wait till you use a tiger. :aok
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 02:32:35 PM »
Dying cuts the perks bonus considerably. I should know, I currently have less than 100 fighter perks.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 03:20:42 PM »
had 41 kills in a tiger this morning,(i like the end of runways :D), died, still lost 14 perks.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 10:49:57 AM »
sounds like a gamble. Ya gotta know when to cash in your chips before you lose big
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 11:28:16 PM »
perk value means nothing, its all about ENY,

in aircraft terms, you get the same amount of perks for killing a 262 as you get for killing a spit16 or any other 5 ENY plane.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 02:48:37 AM »
Yeah seriously...... Squadron CO....... What was the Perk Bonus at? 
perk value means nothing, its all about ENY,

in aircraft terms, you get the same amount of perks for killing a 262 as you get for killing a spit16 or any other 5 ENY plane.

I can't say for sure.... But I honestly can't remember the last time I upped a Sherman and came back to hanger, dead, with more vehicle perks then when I upped. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »
Yeah seriously...... Squadron CO....... What was the Perk Bonus at? 
I can't say for sure.... But I honestly can't remember the last time I upped a Sherman and came back to hanger, dead, with more vehicle perks then when I upped. 

You have to be on the outnumbered side.  Perk point multiplier somewhere above 1.50, I think.  I'm always pleasantly surprised when I end up in the black after dying in a Firefly.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 06:18:46 PM »
You made your mistake thinking you gained the perk points he lost. Its not tied one to one like that.

If you can't afford to lose em, don't use em.

After you've been here a couple of years you'll have enough to play without caring if you lose a tiger or tempest.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 06:21:23 PM »
After you've been here a couple of years you'll have enough to play without caring if you lose a tiger or tempest.
Very true. The only time I get even mad the slightest of losing a Temp or a 262 is when it's BS (CV puffy ack gets me when I'm 20 miles from the CV, etC).
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 11:21:04 AM »
Im not worried about the perks, i have 6000+ GV perks it just got me thinking about the math envolved in the whole perk system.<S>

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 11:03:48 PM »
sounds like a gamble. Ya gotta know when to cash in your chips before you lose big

I feel a Kenny Rogers song comin on
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.