Author Topic: GV smoke effects bug  (Read 660 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
GV smoke effects bug
« on: February 28, 2009, 04:12:26 PM »
see:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,257345.0.html

I also admit to see threw smoke. Thats how I kill so many gvers. Pop off alot of smoke so they cant see threw it.
And take them all down. But I dont want them to fix the problem. Thers only about 10 of us that can see threw it.

Its an exploit and I would like it fixed. :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: GV smoke effects bug
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 02:57:30 AM »
Holmes I dont think this is really a bug. These same guys just have weak graphics cards that dont support every element of the game.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 06:19:48 AM »
Holmes I dont think this is really a bug. These same guys just have weak graphics cards that dont support every element of the game.
Must be really weak.
<---- 6600gt and plenty of smoke.
See Rule #4

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 09:47:25 AM »
Must be really weak.
<---- 6600gt and plenty of smoke.

<--- FX5200 and loads of smoke  :D
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 02:04:12 PM »
<---Radeon 9600, lots of smoke, kills the frame rate.  Been using it since I ran WinME.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 10:41:43 PM »
RADEON X300     :P   Yeah...tell me about it
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 10:07:03 AM »
For one thing there are FAR FAR more than 10 people who can see through smoke, and it is a big problem.  I'm not sure how it could be fixed, I can see through it and i'm not sure if its a Vista problem, or a graphics card issue.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 10:59:51 AM »
oh and did I mention i can't see through smoke  :furious  :mad: ....oh wait...that's what smokes purpose is
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 12:13:41 PM »
I just looked at your (Belial) 'score' to see how that was working for you. Im not real concerned about it.  :D

I was thinking 'Quadro' cards guys and you dont want to try to fly with one. I had a quadro at work (when I was working) and I carried a few films to work to show to my associates during lunch and imagine my surprise when the sky was full of blackness and CV wake caused spiderwebbing. If thats what they use to see through smoke they can have it.  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 12:23:27 PM »
I just looked at your (Belial) 'score' to see how that was working for you. Im not real concerned about it.  :D

I was thinking 'Quadro' cards guys and you dont want to try to fly with one. I had a quadro at work (when I was working) and I carried a few films to work to show to my associates during lunch and imagine my surprise when the sky was full of blackness and CV wake caused spiderwebbing. If thats what they use to see through smoke they can have it.  :D

My score for this tour is the result of me spawning into camped spawns, I wasnt going for score this tour.  Look at the last 3 tours and you will see a bit different data. LW tour 108 -2,531 kills with 500 deaths in the VH feild, try gettin those numbers sometime challenge.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:26:58 PM by Belial »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 12:28:01 PM »
I dont care really. I use a tiger that doesnt even have smoke and smoke will blind me but the only reason a tank will pop smoke is to mask his relocation but it also maskes my relocation.

Have a nice day.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 12:37:37 PM »
Yeah I dont use smoke that often anymore unless i'm outnumbered, the t34-85 is my favorite tank anyway, wish it had a tougher turret though.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 11:29:17 PM »
This may be what it looks like:

[imghttp://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6461/ahss33.jpg][/img]

I've been having "issues" with even more dismal than usual frame rates lately.  Tried updating my vid card  drivers and low and behold.  I can only see smoke at all if I'm not looking direcly at it, which is what the screen shot shows.  The smoke rounds I fired are directly in front of me and I'm looking Front/Left.  If I look directly front there is no smoke at all.

As you can see by my frame rates, I haven't actually played this way.  Frame rate of 5 when you are sitting at a base, alone makes things hard to hit.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 11:34:56 PM »
^^^

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 12:59:28 AM »
This may be what it looks like:

[imghttp://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6461/ahss33.jpg][/img]

I've been having "issues" with even more dismal than usual frame rates lately.  Tried updating my vid card  drivers and low and behold.  I can only see smoke at all if I'm not looking direcly at it, which is what the screen shot shows.  The smoke rounds I fired are directly in front of me and I'm looking Front/Left.  If I look directly front there is no smoke at all.

As you can see by my frame rates, I haven't actually played this way.  Frame rate of 5 when you are sitting at a base, alone makes things hard to hit.

wrongway

Your FR is terrible! If you have the original CD for your video card you might try uninstalling the drivers through your control panel and then reinstalling the drivers from the card. A few guys in my squad have updated their drivers and everything blew up in thier faces graphics-wise but installing the drivers from the CD fixed it.