Author Topic: GV's shooting thru smoke.  (Read 708 times)

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
GV's shooting thru smoke.
« on: March 01, 2009, 03:46:38 AM »
Nothing personal,but are u guys saying its always been that way you just dont see the smoke?  How about post your system specs?

It is a combination of things not just vista. because i ran the game on vista when it first came out and never saw through the smoke.

You are deleting information in your sentence structure which leads me to believe you know more than your telling.

1. Plus one of you was bragging that you would tell HOW it was done if player x joins the squad.
2. Ive seen you logoff then back on before you shoot thru smoke. That leads me to believe that your tweaking.

<S>
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: GV's shooting thru smoke.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 04:31:03 AM »
You should delete this quickly.  :uhoh
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 04:48:32 AM »
Well isn't this a dandy  :rolleyes:
Lighten up Francis

Offline A8Hunter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 09:25:49 AM »
I would be interested in knowing. I have fell victim to that capability and I guess it is puzzling not knowing if I am doing something wrong tactically or if I simply must succomb to another systems capabilities.
Let me do nothing to bring shame or disgrace on my family, my comrades, my unit, my country. Let me conduct myself in such a manner that there is no dishonor. Let me not be wasted, but if I die, let me die like a soldier should.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 09:36:27 AM »
They are pulling your leg.   :lol
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 10:14:57 AM »
Anyone have the whitesnake video link they can send me of the song " slide it IN"?
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline GREric

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 10:46:12 AM »
u hear that new tilla tequila song...check it out lol.
Bishop MoM Coordinator, GrEric.

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 10:52:50 AM »
Shelf life of this thread is Limited :noid :noid Oh yea IN
You dragged the dead horse into the yard and handed out the bats, sir.

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 10:54:51 AM »
I have vista and I can see through it. The point of smoke is so you can't see DUHH!
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 10:56:13 AM »
I have vista and I can see through it. The point of smoke is so you can't see DUHH!
Screen shot not film pls.
See Rule #4

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 12:04:50 PM »

Its not Vista but if you can show us that ANY Vista computer can do the same thing then do so otherwise post a screenshot.

EDIT: And post your in game name so we know how much this is helping you.  :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:07:05 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 12:38:02 PM »
Here ya go! I tossed out a bunch of smoke in different spots. As you can see there is a tank there in the yellow box. Now it does depend somewhat on where in the smoke trail the object is as it is less or more visible in different sections. But 99% of the time I can see enough of a profile to range a shot. The screen shot does not do it justice. It is much crisper and cleaner on my screen.

I have a Quad Core processor, ATI 4870 card (do not overclock it), 4G RAM, 1.5T hard drive and an HD monitor. I run the game full tilt at its maximum settings with the hi res pack. Game has always run smoothly for me with no hiccups other than the occasional disco but that's not the comps fault.
172nd Rabid Dawgs

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 03:24:04 PM »
The picture of the smoke u posted is not what im talking about.....

There are 3 other threads talking about the same thing no  one has locked any of them...  These guys are admitting to it they just wont say how. It really isitn that big a deal I just asking them to post system specs to help find out whats going on.

and what system settings there running to see.  Its no differant than all the guys that were moving thier graphic sliders before that was fixed.

Its just a little gamey.  Its not going to get addressed unless we communicate and find out how its happining...

If i thought something else was going on Id send the film in.

<S>
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »
They are pulling your leg.   :lol

No they aren't. The videocard I have can disable smoke if I mess with the settings, but there is a downside because it also messes with the cloud settings. Right when I got this card it was setup like that and made flying almost impossible so I started GVing and noticed that I would never see smoke from smoke rounds. I even gamed the game by popping smoke rounds near enemy tanks knowing that they would be blind but because the smoke wouldn't render on my end I can still shoot and kill them. After about a week I finally found the right settings that fixed it and haven't changed it back.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 05:25:32 PM »
Well I run the game full bore and just play. AND I LIKE VISTA. Never had a prob with it in any regard. You can also make vista run pretty close to xp so quit whining. Not lookin to cheat anyone. Not much I can do about someone elses crappy system. BTW its 2000 freakin 9. It is not hard to get a comp that can handle the game with decent performance and good visual quality. Those of you with low end systems need to step it up or shut it up IMO :rock
172nd Rabid Dawgs