Author Topic: K/D: then vs now  (Read 1227 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: K/D: then vs now
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2009, 05:16:33 AM »
Perhaps, but there was no way to measure K/S in AW so that ascertion is pretty subjective. I don't think that was the case for me personally. But, I was a Fw190-A8 pilot primarily in AW the last 10 years and I fly a relatively short-clipped/legged plane in AH. In AH K/S is far more a function of the plane you fly than anything else as there is a big difference in ballistics, ammoload and endurance between individual aircraft. In AW the difference in those categories was relatively minimal by comparison.

Yes it is subjective.  I think that's why the OP was asking for other pilots' observations about it since there is no data.

Proxy kills are another big reason you can get more kills per flight.  You typically can get 1 proxy kill/mission where you never fired at the guy.  In AW you would receive nothing for this. 

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2009, 06:14:34 AM »
Please also remember that I never flew Air Warrior.  My perspective is only as someone who used to fly Warbirds:  we had collisions, which people whined about constantly ;), auto-gunners on buffs (like 999000), and the fighter armaments were about as varied as they are in AH.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »
Please also remember that I never flew Air Warrior.  My perspective is only as someone who used to fly Warbirds:  we had collisions, which people whined about constantly ;), auto-gunners on buffs (like 999000), and the fighter armaments were about as varied as they are in AH.

Ahhh vulching fields in B17's... one of the not so great aspects of WB, but fun as %^$
A8HatTrick flying WWII sims since 1992
Aces and 8's A8's http://a8s.us aka A8hatrik
-htrk- War Birds Beta .07 thru 2.1
-=Old Farts=- War Birds "Yo Frodo!"
No 308(Polish)Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"  "Yo fdski!"

Offline Chuggin1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
Right.  3:1 would've put you in the 95th percentile 10 years ago; 3:1 today would be more like (guesstimating) 75th percentile.

Maybe its just that you and many other players from 10 years ago simply have 10 more years of experience under your belts.