Author Topic: Capture the Flag  (Read 1585 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Capture the Flag
« on: March 01, 2009, 04:20:19 PM »
I had an idea about capture the flag. the idea is to get a bunch of squad and a map that works.

idea is to capture the other guys bases. the difference is that you pit one particular squad against another. yes it sounds like a Ma thing but theres a twist.

once a squad loses their base, they are out, through process of elimination you end up with one winning squad!

the idea is to use strategy, cunning, experience and all your members strengths and weakness's to an advantage.

you would use airpower and ground vehicles. in order to capture you would use 20 troops instead of 10 maybe.

all squads would be able to participate and smaller squads would be matched against small squads or you could have all squads be the same size and the smaller squads would be able to use "mercenaries" to boost the number of the squad to equal everyone elses numbers. the mercs would have to stay with that squad to the end. mercs would not be allowed to jump from squad to squad. once the squad is out, they're out!

kind of a squad based king of the hill but utilizing all tools at your disposal.

just an idea. please consider the idea, not the source.

thank you

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Capture the Flag
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 02:42:37 PM »
A ladder type of thing? With winners moving onto a next round?
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 06:42:54 PM »
exactly! you could make it so a squad could choose their opponent or just assign them a new squad to battle. again this is air and ground.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 01:26:55 PM »
The only problem I see with this situation is what do the squads who have 10 and less people do, say against a squad like the POW or LTARS or 68Th who have QUITE the bit more. Do you make it so a couple of small squad can form up and make their own squad or are we relegated to joining one of the bigger squads???

Other than that I think it would be fun.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 09:31:29 AM »
the idea is that even smaller squads can play against another smaller squad. theres no reason why an 8 man squad cant play against another 8 man squad. theres also no reason why one of the larger squads cant limit it to 8 players  to go against a smaller squad or a smaller squad recruiting to become a larger squad. basically whatever works !

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 11:49:49 AM »
+1!

I've seen you bring this up a few times. I've always liked the idea.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 02:47:53 PM »
thanks for your support buster, now i just need a CM to chime in and tell me if its do-able or not.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 02:50:12 PM »
The only problem I see with this situation is what do the squads who have 10 and less people do, say against a squad like the POW or LTARS or 68Th who have QUITE the bit more. Do you make it so a couple of small squad can form up and make their own squad or are we relegated to joining one of the bigger squads???

Other than that I think it would be fun.

if 2 or 3 smaller squads teamed up to make 1 bigger squad, they could do that. they would just have to fight against a squad that could manage to match the numbers 1 for 1. IE 2 squads of 10 to make 20 against a 20 man single squad. yes that can be done!