Author Topic: Head On err No  (Read 1540 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: Head On err No
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 09:50:43 AM »
A lot of Head-On complaints are dependent on the point-of-view of the user's front end.  I think it frequently happens that from the shooter's point-of-view, it's a front quarter shot, while from the victim's front end it's much closer to nose-to-nose.

It also happens that the shooter will say it's not a Head-On because the intended victim tried to avoid the Head-On.  I had a fight with Joey's P-51D (of tonyjoey) in a 38L the other day, and he tried for the Head-On shot in the initial merge.  I tried to avoid the Head-On, took a ping, and went on to shoot him down.  Then I asked "why did you HO on the initial merge?"  He answered "I didn't HO, that was a front quarter shot."  Yeah, only because I didn't try to HO too. :lol :rolleyes:

Although you make a valid point I can assure you neither of these 2 tried any such thing.  They were both 2 turn kills and I'm convinced the LA5 has stall limiter on.  If not, he was so full throttle trying to get lead it worked overwhelmingly to my advantage.  :salute

P.S  I must subscribe to one of those sites to upload films. :devil

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »
The question you've yet to answer, is was this the first merge?

If it was the first merge it's (IMO) poor form to take the shot...  But if this all happened during the course of the fight, I don't really know what Bodhi expects. 

Both were 2 turn kills. 

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 10:00:21 AM »
Both were 2 turn kills. 

Then what's to worry about :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 11:40:53 AM »
Everything is a HO in the AHII world!  :)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »
Buggery!.....and there's more.  Wish I had seen this before page 1 was full.

As a matter of fact I would love to see the file.  I double dog dare ya  :rofl

EDIT I still had time to modify front page.....and posted
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 11:51:42 AM by LYNX »

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 11:51:20 AM »
Just an observation.

Considering Lynx is in Eropeland and Bodhi is in Americaland the combined lag could be in excess of 300. That my friends makes for a bit of a difference in views of the fight.

Something to ponder.
See Rule #4

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 11:53:44 AM »
Just an observation.

Considering Lynx is in Eropeland and Bodhi is in Americaland the combined lag could be in excess of 300. That my friends makes for a bit of a difference in views of the fight.

Something to ponder.

but wouldn't their views each be recorded if they autofilm? would they have two differing view on those films?  thanks for the info.  :) i'm new.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 11:58:55 AM »
but wouldn't their views each be recorded if they autofilm? would they have two differing view on those films?  thanks for the info.  :) i'm new.
How can Lynx film his opponents front end when there is a 300 delay? We each have our own view of whats going on. That's why there is so much consternation on the collision model/front 1/4 shots/ being hit from impossible angles.
See Rule #4

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 11:59:50 AM »
Just an observation.

Something to ponder.

A note worthy comment except for the fact that "lag" isn't really an issue from me to the USA.  Otherwise the thing you hint at would arise daily.  Besides "lag" would only effect where in space the 2 of us would be...not the angle of attack  :) 

I look forward to Bodhi's film that no doubt is deleted / corrupt / what ever.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 12:06:09 PM »
A note worthy comment except for the fact that "lag" isn't really an issue from me to the USA.  Otherwise the thing you hint at would arise daily.  Besides "lag" would only effect where in space the 2 of us would be...not the angle of attack  :) 

It's not just "YOUR" lag it is the combined lag, between you and your opponent. Have you have gotten a kill message 3 seconds or so after you fired on an opponent? How far ahead would your opponent 3 seconds after you fired?

Like I said just an observation and no accusations.
See Rule #4

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 12:11:28 PM »

^
|
|------- what i was referring to on previous post. if bodhis film would show a different angle because of lag, hence two different screenies at one particular instance in time.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 12:15:43 PM »

If intardnet lag was the issue.  What you would see is the victims film seeing bullets miss his plane but his plane recording hits.  On his film the shot looks to have been taken after the victim (he) passes the shooters gun solution.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 12:19:41 PM »
Bronk may not be accurate concerning 'lag' but he is correct that your two films may show very different views of the fight. Why else do you think people never quite 'get' the collisions? or the worse thing I have seen is a F6F firing 600 yards behind me and my tail falls off.  :huh
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 12:24:45 PM »
If intardnet lag was the issue.  What you would see is the victims film seeing bullets miss his plane but his plane recording hits.  On his film the shot looks to have been taken after the victim (he) passes the shooters gun solution.

i think that's indeed a viable explanation. now for the theory to be tested, i'd like for bodhi to please post screenies for my education.   =)  please!

lynx, judging from your posts you are indeed back and have gotten well or "betterer." glad to have you back here in ah2 virtualand.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:30:40 PM by skribetm »

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 12:35:36 PM »
So, let me get this right......It doesn't matter where you shoot them at now, Its a Ho! geeez what is becoming of this game,Love it when they come straight at you and you have to shoot in defense and your always the Ho!!!!!  That is a perfect example why I turned 200 off......so now they can cry to people who don't really care :D 
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher