Author Topic: f4u1a tri color quickie mod?  (Read 519 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
f4u1a tri color quickie mod?
« on: June 05, 2000, 09:11:00 AM »
"look into my eyes..."  

working nonstop on 1.03 you find yourself wanting to do a quick fun art project    
being a fan of the corsair and its early exploits you find yourself drawn to wanting to see an f4u1a in Aces High.    

almost identical in flight model performance to the 1c but equipped with only a single pylon for a drop tank or bomb and carrying 6 50 cal it apears that it would indeed be an art project of a diversionary nature since only minor 3d modelling changes are needed yet the texturemap would be the main chore.

knowing we will never get the ability to do custom paint schemes i'm lobbying for the...

F4u1a from Vf-17 No.1 "Big Hog" Ondonga 1943 with tri color scheme and 6 50's and a single fuselage stores pylon    

tamiya has this exact airplane in1/48 scale kit form for the f4u1a with the paint scheme and everything    

same deal as the 190a5 variant..    
and it is distinguishable from the cannon hog    

[This message has been edited by Citabria (edited 06-05-2000).]
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2000, 09:48:00 PM »
That pic Citabria is a D model right? The A had the bird cage canopy if I remember correctly? Oh, and if they give us the bird cage canopy Corsair, SF or ND should paint it with the appropriate amount of `weathering' since we are `later' in the war in AH  

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2000, 12:23:00 AM »
nope, them 1a hogs...

1a was first buble top hog and had those horizontal bars on the canopy
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Nath-BDP

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2000, 12:03:00 AM »
Love that pic, Kepford is my favorite allied WW2 pilot, along with George Preddy.