Author Topic: Moveable spawn points for GV's or multiple per base  (Read 330 times)

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
Moveable spawn points for GV's or multiple per base
« on: March 04, 2009, 02:37:47 PM »
Title says it all. 

-perhaps it would be auto spawn as programmed but to a different spot once it is camped.

-perhaps it is something that is controlled like a CV, click here but no closer to the hole kinda thing.

-tank town is omitted from the recommendation.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Moveable spawn points for GV's or multiple per base
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 03:40:31 PM »
You realize that allowing safe spawns in tank town is what killed it, right?

:noid

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 03:46:38 PM »
You realize that allowing safe spawns in tank town is what killed it, right?

:noid

wrongway
God I miss that.
See Rule #4

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 06:08:22 PM »
I dont think we need "moveable" spawn points, I just think we need more options to spawn to.  Namely, to excape the wonder-campers.

I think every base, regardless of airbase or vehicle base should have each and every direction in their vehicle filled with a spawn point.  No more bases with a single off site gv spawn point miles away near the enemy base.  There should always be a spawn point to just off the base, say 1000ft to 1 mile out from the VH.  This will put a major damper on vehicle bases being won a single enemy tank that has camped the main VH and an M3 runnin' balls deep to the MR.

There are countless bases that could use the "1000ft spawn".  Camping takes so much away from the gv game it isnt funny.  It isnt a "tactic", it is a cheap "gaming the game" trick.  Likewise, in addition to the 1000ft or 1 mile spawn point from the base, why not have two spawn points near the enemy base instead of just one?  Have them spread out a few miles and that too would seriosuly put a damper on the campers fun.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:12:20 PM by SmokinLoon »
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »

Camping takes so much away from the gv game it isnt funny.  It isnt a "tactic", it is a cheap "gaming the game" trick.

Spawn Camping IS the gv game.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 06:44:44 PM »
Random spawns.  At the three VHs on vbases, and in random points inside a small cluster of buildings in the countryside.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 09:09:54 PM »
Random spawns.  At the three VHs on vbases, and in random points inside a small cluster of buildings in the countryside.

I like this idea, although the spawn wouldnt have to be in a hanger, it could be anywhere within X feet of the main hanger.  Coding would be VERY simple as all they would have to do is mimic the same way an "off sight" spawn occurs and maybe open up the spawn point area.  Good-bye to wonder campers at the main VH and good-bye to getting stomped by a bomb while upping a gv in the main hanger.  This goes for airbase VH's, port VH's, and of course vehicle base VH's.

I hope HTC is reading... this would change the game in a VERY positive way.   ;)

but alas... no one hold their breath.   :frown:
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.