Author Topic: Coffee With a Senator  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Coffee With a Senator
« on: March 04, 2009, 10:53:02 PM »
Tuesday I will be having coffee with Texas Senator, John Cornyn(R). I think this is going to be an exciting opportunity, even though I do not agree with him 100% of the time. Currently I am applying for Law school and have a deep rooted interest in politics, so I have a particular interest in this. So my question is this:
What would you ask a Senator?

(I realize that this is borderline politics and I hope that members of the forum do not take this in the wrong direction)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Coffee With a Senator
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 11:24:12 PM »
Congrats, I can honestly say I know how your gunna feel with him, as alot may know hiliary clinton visited korea last week and they put on a big dinner party, I went through to take the colors away and there she was DRUNK AS A SKUNK sipping on what looked like whisky :D  :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 11:25:46 PM »
Ask him when our jobs are coming back to America.  :)
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 11:26:57 PM »
Ask him when our jobs are coming back to America.  :)
:rofl :rofl :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 11:28:07 PM »
I probably wouldn't ask anything. Would be more interested in just listening to his interaction with others... and to see into their eyes whether or not he's a snake in the grass.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 12:38:27 AM »
I'd want to hear a couple of diverse examples of how why it's so hard to avoid being corrupted in politics.  Or if that's too blunt, why so few politicians aren't corrupt.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 01:01:07 AM »
Or why it is that we are supposed to act ashamed to be Americans.  :rolleyes:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 02:10:12 AM »
I'd ask him about presidential power. Whether he thinks the Whitehouse's increasing influence is in line with the office's original purpose, how much it undermines the power of the senate (and congress too) and what if anything could be done to stop the trend. :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 02:58:21 AM »
Congrats on meeting a Senator. Sorry it's Cornyn. Kay Bailey Hutchison would have been a score. She's actually done something productive while in office.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 03:40:16 AM »
I'd ask him that if 2 terms are good for a president, and 3 terms are bad, how then are 3 or more terms for Senators good?
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 04:26:22 AM »
Ask him why the they insist on all of the "party" politics in place of pulling their heads out of their a**s and doing what right for the country !!!
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 05:11:59 AM »

HHmmm........
#1, I wouldn't taint a good cup of coffee by having it near any politician...the taste would be forever ruined.
#2, seeing how most of them go cheap when it comes to meeting with "common folk", it likely won't be good coffee....probably McDonald's or something, so....ask him if he's gonna sue MickeyD's or sue you when you spill your cup of coffee in his lap and see what he says.  (just kidding)

Honestly, to each his own, but I don't see the big deal in having a cup of coffee, or a meal, or even a sitdown chat with a politician.  After all, they are supposed to work for US, they aren't royalty or anything special, he ought to be flattered that someone would take the time to sit down and have a cup with HIM.
If you're looking to pursue a career in politics I can see where it would be something to look forward to, but for me, there are many other things I'd rather see happen than that.  Your mileage may vary..... :D

Offline Coach

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 08:53:19 AM »
Congrats Raptor!

Please let us know how it goes. 

Which law school?

Coach

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 09:08:16 AM »
I'd want to hear a couple of diverse examples of how why it's so hard to avoid being corrupted in politics.  Or if that's too blunt, why so few politicians aren't corrupt.

Even I can answer that. :)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 09:39:58 AM »
tell him to please remove his and his cronies hands from my wallet - thanks
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals