Author Topic: Oink !  (Read 9161 times)

Offline syko

• Zinc Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
Oink !
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:52:33 AM »
So after nine years of playing Aces High as C.O. with Pigs On The Wing there has become an issue about us oinking.
Some of you think its funny and some of you wonder what is the oinking about and some just hate and despise the oinking. I think giving my squaddies a salute or wtg pig style oink is ok. What makes it so offending that people are going out of thier way to try and disband our squad and or band the oinking. Last time i heard this is america and we have a right to freedom of speech. I understand the cussing implacations but oinking
seriously? You hate it so much you whine and bug skuzzy. (you know who you are.)

Ok go!! time for you all to rip me apart just out of spite. quote all my words and disect them
thats what I've come to expect here thats why I don't come here.
Nows you chance for you to convince me how and why the oink is bad. "Oink"
Pigs On The Wing
PIG COMMANDER
[90% of everything is crap...except for crap, because crap is 100% crap
The Big Rabits

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Oink !
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 11:58:32 AM »
So after nine years of playing Aces High as C.O. with Pigs On The Wing there has become an issue about us oinking.
Some of you think its funny and some of you wonder what is the oinking about and some just hate and despise the oinking. I think giving my squaddies a salute or wtg pig style oink is ok. What makes it so offending that people are going out of thier way to try and disband our squad and or band the oinking. Last time i heard this is america and we have a right to freedom of speech. I understand the cussing implacations but oinking
seriously? You hate it so much you whine and bug skuzzy. (you know who you are.)

Ok go!! time for you all to rip me apart just out of spite. quote all my words and disect them

i don't fly lw.....but i see no problem whatsoever with you guys "oinking". i can't fathom why anyone would really. there is no way that that can be construed offensive in any way shape or form.....and it's your guys way of acknowledging each other. let those complaining go pound sand.
<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 12:02:05 PM »
POTW dont stop oink just cause others dont like it. Its not that bad its kinda lame, but hey, to each his own. Iam tired of seeing this in threads its more annoying than seeing it on 200 every once in a while.  :salute
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 12:02:47 PM »
Slurp!
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 12:02:53 PM »
I would much rather seeing--

Oink!
OINK!
oInK!
OiNk!
etc.

than--

SQUEAKER MISSION POSTED
SQUEAKER MISSION POSTED
SQUEAKER MISSION POSTED
SQUEAKER MISSION POSTED
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 12:04:07 PM »

Dude, stop sniffing glue.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 12:10:03 PM »
Syko...They are just selfish, ignorant bullies.

They are all just jealous that the POTW are having fun.
Some people, especially the elite fart heads who think they are god's gift to AH2, are just selfish and pathetic and have to spoil other peoples fun. Ignore them, they are immature and most probably neglected as children...or abused. who knows.

Never stop oinking. Never let these A-holes command your fun, or tell you what is right and wrong. As a long term knight I for one can say that Oinking has never once annoyed me and the POTW are a great squad to have on your team. All the retards who keep complaining about you oinking are country switching mercanaries, I strongly suggest to them that they stop flying on nits if they cant handle a little oinking.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 12:11:05 PM »
I would rather the minimum kills needed to see the message was raised to avoid these arguments but then someone would argue you were gaming the game.  :rolleyes:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 12:24:08 PM »
Don't stop a long standing squad tradition just because there are those who look down their condecending noses and want to tell you how you play your $15 bucks. 

If they are too lazy to squelch you it's their problem, not yours.

Oink!  :salute

ROX

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 12:27:11 PM »

I have played for 7+ years on Aces High and up until this year, I have never seen repeated "oinks" by POTW squad mates on country channel like I do now ... so this phenomenon is not steeped in history.

Nobody is really saying it's wrong in the literal sense ... more so, the question is why ? ... why do all the POTW need to "oink" on country channel each time one of their squaddies lands kills in the buffer ? It basically boils down to "LOOK AT US !!!" ... It may be just me, but self-promotion is "empty". Like I said in the other post ... let your countrymen give the WTGs on country channel if they feel a POTW pilot deserves it. Personally, anything less than 4 kills does not even register on my "WTG" scale, but I have seen the multiple "oinks" on country channel for landing 2 kills ... hardly an accomplishment to spam the country channel with POTW "oinks".

For the 7+ years that I have played, and all the squads that I have flown with, the squad backslapping has always been contained either on the "squad text" and/or the "squad vox". When I flew with the MAW, on squad nights, we would have over 60+ squaddies on and I can't remember 1 time that when a MAW squaddie landed kills, we all felt the need to give a WTGs on country channel ... the reason was it wouldn't be right to spam the country channel in consideration to all the others in the country plus we let our actions gain the respect of the country and not self-promotion.

Believe it or not, but sometimes there are important messages broadcast on country channel and when the channel is spammed with useless text, that information is lost ... unless of course you always fly around with the text buffer in full display.

Hopefully you don't take this post as a "rip", because that was not the intention ... interpret it as "advice".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 12:28:08 PM »

Some people, especially the elite fart heads who think they are god's gift to AH2, are just selfish and pathetic and have to spoil other peoples fun. Ignore them, they are immature and most probably neglected as children...or abused. who knows.

Never stop oinking. Never let these A-holes command your fun, or tell you what is right and wrong. As a long term knight I for one can say that Oinking has never once annoyed me and the POTW are a great squad to have on your team. All the retards who keep complaining about you oinking are country switching mercanaries, I strongly suggest to them that they stop flying on nits if they cant handle a little oinking.

I think there are some people with legitimate concerns.  A few "oinks" aren't going to do much to a text bar, but when you have very many, some necessary information can be lost...  Like I said in another thread, it's kind of like the new player who doesn't know anything about the game, except how to use vox.  (Not implying POTW are new players -- just that their oinking can have the same effect on communication breakdown for others).

I can see why the POTW would get offended by people making a big deal out of a few of them, but if you guys manage to have a dozen + on for a squad night or something, I'd hope you'd tone it down or use your squad channel voluntarily.  That'd be very nice of you.

Two sides and all...  Just because one side doesn't use so much, er, "tact," to express themselves, doesn't mean they don't have a legitimate point buried in there somewhere.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 12:29:47 PM »

:rofl
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 12:40:15 PM »
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:46:54 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 12:44:15 PM »
Dont fly Knight then you wont have to see the OINK.

:aok

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 12:45:51 PM »
I can see why the POTW would get offended by people making a big deal out of a few of them, but if you guys manage to have a dozen + on for a squad night or something, I'd hope you'd tone it down or use your squad channel voluntarily.  That'd be very nice of you.

:aok

other than that its easy to squelch people if you need to.

Vital infomation? Dont make me laugh sir! I'm sure the world will keep spinning no matter if we know about the goon parked near P42 or not, or that A236 is de-acked.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.