Author Topic: Radio bar  (Read 456 times)

Offline dorabogue

• Zinc Member
Radio bar
« on: March 06, 2009, 06:36:39 PM »
This is a real Newbie question and I apologize, but I'm using VOX and don't know how to get rid of the radio bar at the bottom of the screen. Also, how do I limit the number of text messages in the upper left. Thanks.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Radio bar
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:48:41 PM »
You don't need the radio bar open for vox.  Just use T or F12.

The text bar can be dragged and put anywhere on the screen you like.  It is normally only three lines tall but can be expanded to larger with the ` key, under the Esc key

The text bar will show text from whatever non-vox channels you are tuned to on Radio 1-4.  I suppose you can de-tune whatever you don't want to read by tuning more than one Radio to the same channel.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 06:50:34 PM »
This is a real Newbie question and I apologize, but I'm using VOX and don't know how to get rid of the radio bar at the bottom of the screen.

You can't

Also, how do I limit the number of text messages in the upper left. Thanks.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. The only messages you can get are displayed in that radio bar, apart from popup "XXX want's to join you" messages...

Oh, I've been too slow this time...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dorabogue

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 07:10:50 PM »
OK, I know I don't need the radio bar when I'm using VOX, but for whatever reason it is there on the bottom of the screen obsurring some gauges and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it. Also, the text messages I'm talking about are not in the radio bar but rather showing up on the left part of the screen from the top down. Maybe ten or more messages at a time. Thanks,
Brian

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 07:15:19 PM »
OK, I know I don't need the radio bar when I'm using VOX, but for whatever reason it is there on the bottom of the screen obsurring some gauges and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it. Also, the text messages I'm talking about are not in the radio bar but rather showing up on the left part of the screen from the top down. Maybe ten or more messages at a time. Thanks,
Brian

As wrongway said, drag the radio bar to any place you like. BTW, not all important information comes in over the radio. Kill messages, host & server messages, PM's, info about other battles and so on...

And on that left upper corner messages, I still have no idea.. what exactly are you being told in that messages?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 07:17:54 PM »
just put your cursor in the text box and hit enter and it will go away until you activate it again. the text buffer hit esc to minimize it.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:43:47 PM »
The ` key (tilde key next to the 1 key) expands and contracts the text buffer. You can move the text buffer anywhere you wish by grabbing it with your mouse then dragging it to some other area of the screen.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 10:30:32 PM »
You can also adjust the translucency of the text buffer, via Preferences > Gui I believe.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54