Author Topic: Need help/suggestions  (Read 845 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Need help/suggestions
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 03:51:54 PM »
Nope check mine for proof.

Edit: Although I will bail on a flight if needed elsewhere. I do this frequently.

Wow bronk!  About 1 kill per sortie, but 9.4 kills an hour.  29 sorties in 3 hours 11 minutes... Your average sortie is ~6 minutes 30 seconds! :lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 03:58:01 PM »
Wow bronk!  About 1 kill per sortie, but 9.4 kills an hour.  29 sorties in 3 hours 11 minutes... Your average sortie is ~6 minutes 30 seconds! :lol

I haven't even reached my cruising altitude after 6 mins  :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 04:05:57 PM »
For the sake of comparison, my average sortie time this tour is a little more than 20 minutes...

Baldeagl's average sortie time is 30.8 minutes...

And snailman, you're at about 19 minutes per sortie...
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 05:14:17 PM »
For the sake of comparison, my average sortie time this tour is a little more than 20 minutes...

Baldeagl's average sortie time is 30.8 minutes...

And snailman, you're at about 19 minutes per sortie...

Like I said, mines normally about 15-20 minutes but I kept trying to re-fuel that 4U-4 last night after not getting a kill only to up and not get one again and have to re-fuel and...
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 05:31:18 PM »
Who cares about their K/D  K/S anyway?

not to take shots at anyone. Just speaking out of my thoughts. I thought it was about finding the fight, creating that WW2 experience, that mumbo.  :eek:

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 05:31:45 PM »
every time i'd managed to saddle someone, i'd look back, and there was a conga line behind me.  :D

i'd break off, get shot up enough that i'd be in the tower in ma;s, saddle someone else, and same thing. was friggin FUN!

Been there. Though the fun was a bit short lived....since every time I looked behind me I would laugh and spit Coke all over the keyboard and monitor.  :rofl

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2009, 05:37:22 PM »
If you care more about your k/h stat than having fun, that is probably what you'll get.  The more i play, the worse my stats get because I don't care anymore.
I fly 2nd and 3rd tier planes and usually get less than 1 kill per sortie (mostly for lack of skills) but it's way less stressful than worrying about my stats.

I think it was tour 97 or 98; I played out the last two weeks all for score. I finished 19th overall (score is a JOKE) but I was miserable and worried that I wouldn't make top 20. Never again.

Loosen up and just fly what you feel like. Bail if there's no fight. Nobody cares. You'll spend more time fighting and less time setting yourself up for a fight. What do you want to remember after you log off - the good fights you had or how your stats aren't going so well?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2009, 05:38:29 PM »
Been there. Though the fun was a bit short lived....since every time I looked behind me I would laugh and spit Coke all over the keyboard and monitor.  :rofl

well, that'd be bad for me...........i finally got rid of my P.O.S. crt monitor, and upgraded to a 2" widescreen lcd.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2009, 05:41:48 PM »
Wow I've never really looked at the stats the way Anaxogoras broke it down...

+-10 min ave. sortie time (in fighter) for me.

I guess I should look at these a little closer. I usually just go fight, but this puts much perspective on where I need improvement.  I really just enjoy flying with friends, and getting into those intense engagements that leave your adrenaline pumping!  :aok
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 06:14:50 PM »
Cv defense and near base furballs will get you  into a fight quicker...only thought i had :salute
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009, 06:21:20 PM »

I was over 2 K/S until last night.  I spent the night flying the F4U-4 and, as fights evaporated on me the short legs on internal fuel kept forcing me home.  Going to try it today with a drop tank.  That should help.

Oh... and further affecting my K/S this camp (and last) is that I'm changing up planes constantly.  I think I flew about 40 models last camp.  Of course, I do better with some than others.
Bald I suggest 75 and a drop. The drop will get you there and then some, while you then have 75% to fly around.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2009, 06:27:10 PM »
Like I said get into it if your looking for more kills per hour. That's why I bail often. CV been sunk move on.  Guy fighting of the cv dropped FHs... bail move on. That sort of thing. I don't play as often as I like but when I do,  I want action not looking for it. So my K/D suffers, so be it. It's the price I pay for what I consider  more fun.
See Rule #4

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2009, 06:29:57 PM »
Like I said get into it if your looking for more kills per hour. That's why I bail often. CV been sunk move on.  Guy fighting of the cv dropped FHs... bail move on. That sort of thing. I don't play as often as I like but when I do,  I want action not looking for it. So my K/D suffers, so be it. It's the price I pay for what I consider  more fun.

Bailing out when you don't find a fight is a liberating feeling. :)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 06:41:25 PM »
Bailing out when you don't find a fight is a liberating feeling. :)
Don't know if that's liberating. Giving up caring about score sure has been though. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 06:47:30 PM »
Gonna put on my cpt obvious cape here but.. Just kill stuff faster?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you