Author Topic: Need help/suggestions  (Read 843 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Need help/suggestions
« on: March 07, 2009, 12:50:19 PM »
I've always had a pretty dismal kill per time stat (I'm usually around 4+ kills per hour) and there are a few reasons for it (I don't fly off capped bases but take off a base back (almost always).  I do fly to altitude (usually 14-17K depending)) but even that doesn't explain it fully.  Even doing all that if I can land 3-4 kills I'll be in the 7-9 K/H range.  My sorties average 15-20 minutes with 2-4 kills and I land 50-75% of them on average with deaths and no kill sorties dropping the K/H and K/S.

What really seems to kill me is that I'm a loner and don't really like flying with the hoards nor do I like being ganged by them, so I look for relatively quieter areas on the map.  If I have to face a 3 vs 1 that's totally fine but lately, I up to an area like this and by the time I get there the enemy has departed.  Now I'm left flying extended distances to find another con or simply landing without having fired my guns.  I hate having the fights evaporate before I get there.

When you're alone, without your squaddies, where do you guys fly to maintain a decent K/H?  If I could just hit 6-7 consistently I'd be happy.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: Need help/suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 01:04:41 PM »
When you're alone, without your squaddies, where do you guys fly to maintain a decent K/H? 

Thats a no brainer, in a horde.....  :lol

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 01:30:56 PM »
I don't fly to get a better K/H.

Up where enemy CVs are off your base/coast. A medium Dar Bar is upping, or perhaps fly in "FT/TT".   That is probably where you'll raise the K/H stat.
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline jerkins

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 01:39:54 PM »
Fly in at 5k, wep on, fight until you die.  K/h will improve over time.
Jerkins
Strike Bandits
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 02:05:14 PM »
I've always had a pretty dismal kill per time stat (I'm usually around 4+ kills per hour) and there are a few r

I MUST REALLY SUCK THEN. I DOn't think my kill/hour has ever been that high./
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline ScatterFire

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 02:14:22 PM »
lol, not as bad as I do  :rolleyes:

I think the only stat that really matters to me is hit percentage.  Everything else I really don't care about as long as I'm having fun  :aok
Scatter1:
With bullets of rubber and armor of tissue I throw myself at my enemy.

Law of Devine Intervention:
All skill is in vain when an Angel pees in the touchhole of your musket.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 02:17:22 PM »
lol, not as bad as I do  :rolleyes:

I think the only stat that really matters to me is hit percentage.  Everything else I really don't care about as long as I'm having fun  :aok

that's the only one i really pay attention to. i was up to 8% at one point, but am back down to about 6% or so.

i do look atr the others from time to time. i die too much though.i fly a big target in  ways it wasn't intended, low, slow, in a sea of bad guys.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 02:22:02 PM »
You get a high kill/hour stat by...

Fighting with minimal time to the combat area, e.g. cv fights, base defense.
Flying aircraft with large ammo loads for multiple kill sorties, i.e. 5-6 kills should be no sweat.

I do fly to altitude (usually 14-17K depending))

You will never score high in K/H if you're doing that.  It may not be the full explanation, but it's necessary that you not spend so much time climbing just to enter a fight.

------------

Edit:
Right now you're at 1.7 K/S.  You really need to bump that up to raise your K/H stat.  For now I would worry about getting more kills/sortie, and forget everything else.  Don't worry about deaths, gunnery %...  You'll have more fun, get more shooting practice and simply become more lethal.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 02:28:02 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 02:59:22 PM »
Edit:
Right now you're at 1.7 K/S.  You really need to bump that up to raise your K/H stat.  For now I would worry about getting more kills/sortie, and forget everything else.  Don't worry about deaths, gunnery %...  You'll have more fun, get more shooting practice and simply become more lethal.

I was over 2 K/S until last night.  I spent the night flying the F4U-4 and, as fights evaporated on me the short legs on internal fuel kept forcing me home.  Going to try it today with a drop tank.  That should help.

Oh... and further affecting my K/S this camp (and last) is that I'm changing up planes constantly.  I think I flew about 40 models last camp.  Of course, I do better with some than others.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »

Edit:
Nope check mine for proof.

Edit: Although I will bail on a flight if needed elsewhere. I do this frequently.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:03:19 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 03:04:56 PM »
BE may I suggest whenever a TT map is up go there. Don't spend all day looking for a fight.. just get to it.
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 03:18:44 PM »
I wouldn't really worry about that stat BE, it can be gamed by easy mission selections.  As far as improving it as much as you can by sticking with the types of flights you enjoy flying, it's pretty simple.  Kill more guys each sortie.  Make the flight time it takes to get to the fight worth it.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 03:38:50 PM »

Cap...

Don't sweat the small stuff. As long as your F/H ration is good...who cares? :)

BTW, F/H = Fun/Hour :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 03:48:36 PM »

BTW, F/H = Females/Hour  :D

There we go. :aok

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 03:50:56 PM »
Cap...

Don't sweat the small stuff. As long as your F/H ration is good...who cares? :)

BTW, F/H = Fun/Hour :D

and it always is.

know where i had a blast? in the TA of all places last night. furballin over the lake, on the deck in the 38 o deth. every time i'd managed to saddle someone, i'd look back, and there was a conga line behind me.  :D

i'd break off, get shot up enough that i'd be in the tower in ma;s, saddle someone else, and same thing. was friggin FUN!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"