Author Topic: This seems obvious to me  (Read 5267 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: This seems obvious to me
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2009, 10:21:31 AM »
Graphics are a major reason people play Il2.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2009, 10:55:51 AM »
Please don't make HTC made again guys... :cry :cry :cry

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2009, 10:13:45 PM »
I prefer to not have to worry about caging gyros, switching on gun heaters and gunsight heaters, setting cowl flaps, mixture and blowers before a dogfight because I prefer that HTC thrives and stays in business so we can continue to enjoy this game.

I can has bof?

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2009, 10:27:22 PM »
    It was called "full realism" and lots of people flew there ...me included.  There was no trim controls.

Helm ...out

NB ...in....

It was Ultra-Realism and NO ONE flew there.

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2009, 10:38:57 PM »
You make a sim that is so simply a caveman can fly it, you get what you have.  

...and that would be a GIECO sim?? :D

Quote from: toonces3
I don't think Anaxagoras is suggesting HTC make a wide sweeping change to AH2 that causes him to lose subscriptions.  

Actually, what he was suggesting is that people that don't support more realism have no right to complain about game play issues.

Gotta give a big  :aok to any thread that gets HT pumped enuff to post twice...:)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:46:05 PM by NoBaddy »
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2009, 12:01:28 AM »
...and that would be a GIECO sim?? :D

Actually, what he was suggesting is that people that don't support more realism have no right to complain about game play issues.

Gotta give a big  :aok to any thread that gets HT pumped enuff to post twice...:)

not only twice, but did you see how long the second one was/? since i've been here, i've never seen him type more than a couple sentences in one of his replies.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2009, 03:16:10 AM »
kweassa, I dig your posts and have always welcomed/respected your opinion.  In this case, you don't speak for me. Sure I could learn to know how much ammunition is left in a plane with no ammunition counters. I could learn to fiddle with trim and cowl flaps. You can call it immersion, I call it unnecessary busy work.
I have a house full of kids and run a small business. I don't want to become so immersed in the game that I can literally think of nothing else; not even getting a fresh beer, or soothing a hurt a one of the 3 yr olds, or answering the phone, etc.  Heck, sometimes I'm dogfighting a gang, on the phone, and with a 3 yr old(or 2 or 3 or 4) on my lap who wants to watch daddy shoot planes.  I've got all I can handle. I want to be able to fly around and BS with my friends on Vox, not worry about whether I'm going to overheat my engine because I forgot cowl flaps.

OTOH, I don't want to play an arcade game either. It seems to me that Dale and CO. have just about found the perfect compromise between the two. Are there things that could be improved? Sure, few things in life are perfect but this game is the best fit between realism and playability, IMHO.

Nothin personal Kweassa, I admire your depth of knowledge and your thoughtful posts, but I like the game about how it is.   :salute

Steve

eidt: my kids love the check 6. My wife has taught them to say "Daddy watch out, there's a Focke Wulf behind you!" It cracks her up, 4 of them at once... lol.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:22:53 AM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2009, 03:27:03 AM »
eidt: my kids love the check 6. My wife has taught them to say "Daddy watch out, there's a Focke Wulf behind you!" It cracks her up, 4 of them at once... lol.

I don't think young children should be saying Focke.   :lol

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2009, 05:13:17 AM »
Ive said it before....    excite bike    vs   professional motocross (LMAO).......that is about what the paralell is. Im sure ww2 pilot would say about the same comparing A/H to real fighter combat. :O
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2009, 10:28:19 AM »
I don't think young children should be saying Focke.   :lol

But these fokkers were in messerschmitts! :lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!