Author Topic: Messerschmitt Bf 109k-4...  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Messerschmitt Bf 109k-4...
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2009, 08:16:52 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something here, are you trying to be funny Junky?

Or are you just daft?

funny , daft , stupid   he is all of these things,  plus a warper on demand.  :P
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »
K4 is for, quote unquote, turn pilots that can't turn cause they like the extra E.

Stop flying a weak plane, get some ASM and you'll never wish for anything on the K4 again.

So much fail in this post.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2009, 07:40:33 PM »
Well now that we have proof, what should we do next?   :)  :O  :)

Jager,I've looked into this b4,it appears that several,maybe 5 or 6 were built with 20 mm hub guns and this was only because of a shortage of Mk108's.That said all K4 came with mountings for the 20 mm gondolas and yes JG26 were disappointed to see their new K's come in with the 20's under wing.Most if not all these planes had the gondolas removed as the unit prefered the agility of the plane W/O the gunpods over the extra firepower.

Whether or not the gondolas were ever used in combat seems difficult to find out,that said the plane was built to carry them.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2009, 02:20:29 AM »
Just had some good fights vs Agent360 and Fester who were in K4s.  The old 38G did ok, but it can't fight in the vert like the K4. I held off a rusty Fester for about five minutes as he was trying to work me upstairs, before he tatered my 38.   Agent really knows how to turn that thing down low too.  We had some knock down drag out, stick bending, stall horn blaring, fights tonight. It was great fun :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2009, 03:36:20 AM »
funny , daft , stupid   he is all of these things,  plus a warper on demand.  :P
You rat me out and ill tell them about how I told you how to do it :devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"