Author Topic: I know this makes me a terrible person but  (Read 574 times)

Offline Critter

• Zinc Member
I know this makes me a terrible person but
« on: June 10, 2000, 07:17:00 AM »
Ya know... I rarely fly a spit or a 109 but just like in wb there's a jillion different versions of both with a jillion different guys swearing by their spit or 109... well good. great. cool.   But why not concentrate on some different aircraft. I mean make some of the wierd stuff to represent the rest of the war not just the ETO. how about a catalina. or a JU52. Now I know there's already a c47 but how many Germans flew in c47s other than maybe prisoners. how about a few jap bombers? maybe an IL2? even a ju88? what about the p40? or the sherman tank. I know they weren't as good as panzer's but at least represent it? what about PT boats for when we get the carriers. you can't tell me it wouldn't be cool to toss some torpedoes at a cruiser or destoyer from a boat. And in doing that this sim would capture something that no other sim has. Land, Air, and Sea battles  I know this is waaaay later in the future of AH but hell maybe it's worth discussion.
But that's just my opinion I could be wrong

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2000, 02:25:00 PM »
From the recent development of AH, I'd say patience grasshoppa  

(One could argue if the introduction of some planes in the AH planeset were intended to start from a different perspective than brand W, to please certain player fractions - the macchi fighters come to mind - or if they are just going to make new fighters as soon as possible).

Az

------------------
Si tacuisses, philosophus manisses.

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2000, 03:04:00 PM »
Critter,
HTC has already stated that the next bombers in AH will most likely be the Ju-88 and the Lancaster.

Hans

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2000, 03:37:00 AM »
V1.04 will get "plane perks".  Bonus aircraft that you can fly only when you score well like the TA-152, P-80, ect.

Also, when the navy arrives, this includes carriers, PT boats, and Battleships. Yes you can man them, thought he BBs and CVs probably will be restricted to "perk" status.

Hans.

dosequis

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2000, 05:34:00 PM »
And if you shoot down Hans, you get to man the Bismarck.

XX

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2000, 06:05:00 PM »
H8K2 "Emily" in AH now!!!!  

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-