Author Topic: Fine book about the 109K  (Read 474 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Fine book about the 109K
« on: July 31, 2001, 07:14:00 AM »
Messerschmitt Bf 109K (publisher: JaPo) More details to follow (I'm at work and yes, bored  ;)).

Full of tech drawings, operational history and tech data. Interesting figures about all the DB605 used, the armament (no, there were no 2x15mm option instead of 2x13mm  ;)) the MW50 and so on. A few data about performance (interesting the data about the deck speed with and without MW50).

I found interesting that LW pilots found the P-51D more maneuverable than the 109K at medium/low speeds, but not at high speeds  :confused: And that the 109K was *clearly* inferior to the Pony without the MW50 boost on.

But, above all, whats interesting are some reports by former LW pilots. In short, they almost didnt know (or better care about) what type of Bf109 they were flying during 1944-45 (what DB605, octane or boost system, that is). "The only thing that mattered was that she was able to fly and shoot"  :)  

Last thing: looks like the italians were the only ally to receive the 109K. BTW, if your interested I'll post more details about the book.

<S>!
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline garrido

• Zinc Member
Fine book about the 109K
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »
Yes pleaseeeee
is possible send me to:

milenium.felix@infonegocio.com

eh bambino, salute  :)

SUPONGO

JG52

Offline maik

• Nickel Member