Author Topic: The great Spitfire debate  (Read 545 times)

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
The great Spitfire debate
« on: June 10, 2000, 01:29:00 PM »
As a (soon-to-change) non-combatant, I've been assiduously reading the fora (yes, I did study Latin).

To me the argument about late-war Spits is not only about there not being a late-war Spit - the XIV - but also about late-war planes vs early or mid-war planes. It is manifestly unfair to put a 1939 plane against a 1942 plane, or a 1942 plane against a 1945 plane. While we all know that life and war are most definitely not fair, game balance demands some rectification.

I suggest that the rectification be to the scoring system. How about plus or minus 25% per year over 1 difference of mannufacture? Thus a ME262 (were it modelled) would score nothing for downing a Stuka, but a Stuka would score plenty for downing a ME 262.

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2000, 01:43:00 PM »
One has to consider both sides of the coin - something affecting score would only affect the people who care for their score.

What do those people do that ignore their score?

------------------
Az

Si tacuisses, philosophus manisses.

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2000, 03:49:00 PM »
How about historical arenae? Suppose HTC were to set up different arenae for the different years of the war as well as the main arena?

funked

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2000, 04:00:00 PM »
The best way is to have a score multiplier based on popularity.  The more that people fly a certain plane, the lower the multiplier for that plane.  This will encourage score-hounds to fly less popular rides.