Author Topic: Ki-84  (Read 5464 times)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Ki-84
« on: March 10, 2009, 10:28:38 PM »
This is a great plane. Cannons are good MG's are even good. Climb rate is uber. Speed and Acceleration a great. Not very tough but sure is light and quick to respond. I love it. My new plane.  :rock 

~Strokes
Strokes

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Ki-84
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:37:41 PM »
How is it your new plane when its already mine  :noid

Plane is a beast, schools spits with the climb rate, makes hogs have no chance for easy shot, and can keep up witha K4 in a vertical fight, I consider it top 5 best fighter planes :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:39:36 PM »
Yes your right. Im not so afraid bout 1v1 with spits.
Strokes

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:08:39 PM »
Matches very well against the 1A. Always find those to be tough fights.

It's outmatched against the -4 though.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline NitroFish

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 02:53:51 PM »

The Ki-84 can be a little unstable slow with more the 50% fuel. But fuel range is good so you shouldn't have more the 50% anyway.

Soda's write up is still valid.
http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/Ki84.htm
CPR

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 03:06:36 PM »
Just don't try to dive it next to your buddy in a N1K or Ki-61. :uhoh
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 04:34:15 PM »
If you like it now, imagine flying the KI84-Ib.  :rock

This version should and could be easily added to the game.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 06:27:20 PM »
Wow, I thought I was one of the only ones that enjoy it. 

It can be taken both ways.  Lacks ability to drop without ripping the wings off, lacks more powerful cannons more common in game, doesn't turn better than the known turn fighters and it doesn't outrun the faster planes.

All in all it's a 15eny plane for this reason.

What it IS good for is a multi aircraft battle.  Best for that.  As far as climbing with the spits, don't trust that very long.

RUN when you get against an LA though, you can't outrun and can't outturn.  Like I said, it doesn't uber excel in any of these categories. 

I'm running it this month on some new ACM methods, not doing so hot this month but learning some new moves.

Since the LA and Spit 16 can catch it, I figure I have to find something to cause a fatal mistake in the enemy.  I'm practicing what I saw flawlessly performed last night, extend with attempts to evade through turns and twist while following a line...fly her straight until they get that close, then CHOP the throttle and do a wide barrel roll...halfway through the roll start throttling up and then WEP when you hit the end of your roll.  You SHOULD be behind the enemy now. :)  SHOULD.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »
The last time I flew a Ki84 I was honestly a bit disappointed. It's like a Spitfire that can take more damage but can't dive as well. Very simple to fly. Once you get slow enough for flaps, it can do anything.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 06:36:38 PM »
Only a little bit tongue-in-cheek: Fly a 109F and you get a similar performance with double perk gain for each kill in a 1941 plane :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 07:07:26 PM »
Wow, I thought I was one of the only ones that enjoy it. 

It can be taken both ways.  Lacks ability to drop without ripping the wings off, lacks more powerful cannons more common in game, doesn't turn better than the known turn fighters and it doesn't outrun the faster planes.

All in all it's a 15eny plane for this reason.

What it IS good for is a multi aircraft battle.  Best for that.  As far as climbing with the spits, don't trust that very long.

RUN when you get against an LA though, you can't outrun and can't outturn.  Like I said, it doesn't uber excel in any of these categories. 

I'm running it this month on some new ACM methods, not doing so hot this month but learning some new moves.

Since the LA and Spit 16 can catch it, I figure I have to find something to cause a fatal mistake in the enemy.  I'm practicing what I saw flawlessly performed last night, extend with attempts to evade through turns and twist while following a line...fly her straight until they get that close, then CHOP the throttle and do a wide barrel roll...halfway through the roll start throttling up and then WEP when you hit the end of your roll.  You SHOULD be behind the enemy now. :)  SHOULD.

Trusted it against every spit I went again so far and I dont remeber the last spit that out preformed me in a eqaul 1v1, LA7 would be a harder matchup since it can out climb the ki, diving is hard but if you go into shallow dive spit wont gain but you wont pull away, anyplane that flat turns against my ki just lost the fight,ANY pilot.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 07:16:34 PM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 07:28:48 PM »
Trusted it against every spit I went again so far and I dont remeber the last spit that out preformed me in a eqaul 1v1, LA7 would be a harder matchup since it can out climb the ki, diving is hard but if you go into shallow dive spit wont gain but you wont pull away, anyplane that flat turns against my ki just lost the fight,ANY pilot.

Get over yourself already.   Jesus Christ, shelve the ego.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 10:16:14 PM »

maybe yours is more uber than mine or, I just suck :(
I do note the ability to extend into the clouds or fly level and extend a bit to take away their advantage and turn the fight into a more angular fight.

BUT when all things are equal, and I have = energy (alt or speed) when it comes time to make up for a mistake or catch, a spit16 is hard to deal with. 

Maybe you start with a great E, even in the slightest to hold that advantage.  I personally don't fear the KI84 very much when flying another plane as I know how to defeat it.  50% of the time I enjoy enticing them to rip their ailerons off, good fun.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
Get over yourself already.   Jesus Christ, shelve the ego.   
Self confidence, not ego :aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"