Author Topic: 4 hangars downed and only 1.25 perks?  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
4 hangars downed and only 1.25 perks?
« on: March 11, 2009, 10:18:43 PM »
Subject says it all...is it possible someone already injured these hangars and I didn't get 'full credit' so to speak/

In lancs this time.

Also, just wondering for those that bomb in p51's p 47's.  Have you ever noticed how many times you bomb straight down on something ...maybe with a bit of a tiny tiny tiny wiggle to get centered and both your bombs drop 100 feet away ...the next time though you are dead on?

What's also weird is I drop with a delay, drop..pause a sec, drop.  Marks on ground RIGHT next to each other.  That's certainly not correct either.

Suggestions?

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: 4 hangars downed and only 1.25 perks?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »
1. 4 hangers destroyed = 4 items destroyed with how many bombs per hanger?

The scoretards have long ago discovered that you get lots of points for destroying lots of stuff with one bomb vs. one thing with lots of bombs.

2. How badly did your side outnumber the other two sides?  There is a perk modifier.  You're outnumbered, you get x times the points.  Usually only .2 to .5 times more, but it helps.

3. The P-51/P-47 thing: You need to be going "straight" in your dive.  The little ball on the dash needs to be centered.  It looks like a carpenters level near the gunsight.  Rudder will really toss the bombs to the side too.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 01:31:12 AM »
Want to know how screwed the score system is?

(Edited, I originally outlined an easy way to lower attack/bomber rank here but I don't want to encourage that sort of lame gameplay so it's gone.)

I know you're talking about perks not rank, but the point is that 1 bomb and silly strafing of multiple targets is worth "more" score, perks, rank, whatever, to the game than any sort of "strategically useful" (as pragmatically defined by game mechanics) bombing. So don't worry about it, you did nothing wrong.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 01:32:49 AM by trotter »

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 05:14:18 AM »
Want perk points, then go to strat objects and kill lots of little objects. Training is I think going to give you the most bang for the buck. There really is no point in killing hangers at this point. Towns are ok, esp if you can line up to hit 2, and do a good job of carpet bombing.

If you really want to rack the perks up, do it when quite outnumbered, and in a ju-88.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 06:58:22 AM »
1. The scoretards have long ago discovered that you get lots of points for destroying lots of stuff with one bomb vs. one thing with lots of bombs.
wrongway

This seems a tad unfair.

Surely it is scoretarts not score tards.

Tard is either tardy which is not relevant here or retard suggesting someone of significantly limited ability. This is rather like when I was at school and we used to call people spaz for spastic or Mong for like a mongaloid.
Then I grew up ;)

Tart suggests superficial and without substance. Somone who improves their appearance to make themselves more attractive or incresae their status erroneously. The latter is spot on. This is a character flaw which can be addressed while people with learning difficulties are permenantly impaired through no fault of their own.

Just thought I would point this out AWwrngway to give you the chance to improve yourself which unlike the menatally impaired you can do if you want to ;)

DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 07:35:16 AM »
Bombing, score & perk points?

Cities.

I once thought if it wouldn't be more fair tio give objects on a field a higher rating in points and perks. After all, strat targets are way easier to hit and susually much less defended, especially when the zone base get's captured and milkers swarm isolated strats with Ju-87. While taking down dar, single hangars and such with pinpoint accuracy while there's a batte all around is much more difficult, yet ultimately wrecks a player's bombing hit %

But then, players would start to flatten airfields instead of factories, with effect on gamplay and a lot more complaints coming up...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 07:51:10 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 08:07:06 AM »
Want perk points, then go to strat objects and kill lots of little objects. Training is I think going to give you the most bang for the buck. There really is no point in killing hangers at this point. Towns are ok, esp if you can line up to hit 2, and do a good job of carpet bombing.

If you really want to rack the perks up, do it when quite outnumbered, and in a ju-88.

ju88's can do an amazing amount of damage if you set the right delay, and carpet bomb.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 09:24:32 AM »
My favorite this tour has been to take a TBM w the single 2k bomb in at about 2950ft over a %100 city and drop on one fo two places.  THe best I've gotten so far is 19 buildings with one bomb.  Six missions later (5 landed/1 death) and a bombing % of 15.5 I'm ranked in the 60's in bombing.  Not bad for being almost half way through the month.

I think HTC would do everyone a big favor in bomber scoring of they moved the slider towards "damage delivered" vs bombing %.  It isnt quite right the way it is currenly, imo. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 09:45:58 AM »
This seems a tad unfair.

Surely it is scoretarts not score tards.

Tard is either tardy which is not relevant here or retard suggesting someone of significantly limited ability. This is rather like when I was at school and we used to call people spaz for spastic or Mong for like a mongaloid.
Then I grew up ;)

Tart suggests superficial and without substance. Somone who improves their appearance to make themselves more attractive or incresae their status erroneously. The latter is spot on. This is a character flaw which can be addressed while people with learning difficulties are permenantly impaired through no fault of their own.

Just thought I would point this out AWwrngway to give you the chance to improve yourself which unlike the menatally impaired you can do if you want to ;)

Point taken.

I was erroneously attributing the "points" guys as having limited ability, hence, having to game the game to get their names in the top ten every tour.  They are actually too smart for that.  They have all the angles figured out as to how to score big with the least amount of effort on mundane things like bombing and damage percentage in vehicles so they can fly their four sorties in fighters and preserve everything by staying in attack mode while never carrying ords.

They are much smarter and more talented than I.

Tarts they are.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 12:34:47 PM »
Its really down to modifiers in force at the time.............. I took 3 x B24j's closed all FH's and the VH at a field and landed (with drones) after despatching  a 109K and a P51 who had chased me home for revenge................. 18.9 perks.

I guess the ac kills bumped stuff up some what.

Tilt the tart :rolleyes:

Ludere Vincere

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 01:06:41 PM »
Tilt the tart :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good title for a children's picture-book  :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 04:03:24 PM »
The OBJ score of the bomber counts as well.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 06:33:15 PM »

But then, players would start to flatten airfields instead of factories, with effect on gamplay and a lot more complaints coming up...

naa, just wouldn't have to take as much fuel to go bomber hunting.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »
Drop 3 hangers with a b-26 or ju-88s and you'll get better perks.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 09:34:27 PM »
there is a score in this game?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.