Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in a few gv tips?  (Read 8818 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
Re: Would anyone be interested in a few gv tips?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 09:43:27 PM »
Ok i thought of a couple simple things that experienced players will say duh about...Did you new guys no you can put your tank in neutral and roll down a hill quicker? :aok Did you know some steep hill can be climbed by going up them in reverse? :aok Did you know if you hit F-8 and use your arrow keys you can move your sights up and down?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:47:41 PM by Belial »

Offline Dm6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 01:31:46 AM »
Ill give some woods tips.  Sound is your best friend.... Suround sound is worth its weight in gold. Shut your engine off figure direction of travel. then flank them from the side. They cant here u coming while their running. Except for the sound slider deal and thats only good to about 800 ...and you should have killed them by now.

If you stop shut your dang engine off.

Belial how about some advanced tips... For every one u post Ill match it

<S> enjoy

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 08:02:13 AM »
I would like to post something to refresh this topic, yep here we go :)  I thought of another tip for driving Panzers.  If you go into your main gun and zoom all the way in, you can press F-8 and then use your number pad on the right of your keyboard to move the sights up and down.  What does this mean? That if your use to how the Shermans sights look, you can make your panzer sights match up with how the Shermans appear.  This works well with Panzer, Tiger, and T34-76 models.  The deault sight in the Sherman is showing all of the aim references, I align my sights even with 3,200 in the Panzer  :salute

I also have a tip for those who enjoy spawn camping like I do.  If you have the perks for a Sherman firefly USE THEM, it has very good visibility of a spawn when zoomed out to where the black circle meets the top and bottom of the screen.  If you know the general location of where the tanks will be spawning you can watch a greater amount of the field with the Sherman than any other tank.  Many people switch from the pintle to the main gun when acquiring a target.  By staying in the main gun and simply zooming out some, you still have a very good view and save precious seconds.

Offline strong10

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 10:01:53 PM »
Thanks for the tips, very helpful. 

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 12:57:12 AM »
When are you going to get the the good stuff  like being able to see through smoke............. :devil
<S>

Muuuaahahahhahahahahah

Someone said i need a krapy computer with vista runing one it.
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline MrMeanie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 11:15:16 PM »
Ok I Gv ALOT and most people would say i'm a camper lol and they would be right.  But if anyone is interested I can give you advice on becoming more accurate, and getting your round off accurately while being quicker than the other guy.  I'm in main arena almost everyday PM if you whanna work on your gv'ing.
dont go were belial is if your rook or knight ^_^ or just bomb him <S> <3 u
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 05:55:36 AM »
Another funny thing to do is killing tanks with jeeps

HUH??  :huh

Yes, you can drive your jeep within the enemy tank, and pound your .50 into his driver :D

BOOM

Im not sure if this still works though
It also requires an enemy with lack of awareness and he shouldn't be driving (this makes driving into him pretty hard).
Usually, when they have their engine still on, they'll never know you're coming :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:57:18 AM by frank3 »

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 12:24:52 AM »
Another refresher to keep the gv'ers out there occupied.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 12:38:06 AM »

Yes, you can drive your jeep within the enemy tank, and pound your .50 into his driver :D

BOOM

It also requires an enemy with lack of awareness and he shouldn't be driving (this makes driving into him pretty hard).
Usually, when they have their engine still on, they'll never know you're coming :)

no, they fixed it
but you can still drive into them though
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 01:49:42 AM »

BOOM

I don't think you can do that anymore but you can run down Panzers from behind and kill them with the Jeep's .50 cal by just firing into the back of them.  I love that!
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 02:03:30 AM »
what is this GV thingy you are all talking about :noid

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 02:57:49 AM »
And shooting and ranging is an art form and something you just have to learn with trial and error. And my favorite thing is getting between 3200 and sometimes I would say 4k out from a spawn and use your courser to line up the distances beyond 3200 to the area there spawning in and in a M4 (don't know about the other tanks) I can kill with 2 or 3 shots and sometimes 1. And the good thing about shooting from that distance by the time they get close to hitting you, you can most of the time pop the turret.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 05:38:39 AM »
Non AAA AFV's in this game have a serious , laughable flaw . They can and do shoot down Aircraft with main guns .

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 06:21:12 AM »
Non AAA AFV's in this game have a serious , laughable flaw . They can and do shoot down Aircraft with main guns .

It's not really a flaw, I imagine main guns could shoot down an aircraft...

...the problem is to actually hit them  :aok

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 10:48:57 PM »
Thought of another GV tip:  Ok on certain maps you will find yourself shooting down on someone and you will most likely be shooting crooked.  The trick to hitting someone when shooting crooked is to put your mouse cursor where your last shell hit.

Say you see a tank and you take a shot at it, put your cursor where that shell lands.  Next put your cursor on the tank without moving it, fire again and if you miss put your cursor where this shell lands.  By this point you are within a few inches of the kill just adjust accordingly without moving your cursor.

Follow these steps and repeat for the hillshot of Doom. :aok :salute