Author Topic: VF-17 Jolly Rogers Recruiting  (Read 5993 times)

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
Re: VF-17 Jolly Rogers Recruiting
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2009, 08:20:40 PM »
 :salute Shifty. Good flying with you, you got quite a few Russian scalps there. :rock
boomerlu
JG11

Air Power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines mobility, flexibility, and initiative.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2009, 08:41:27 PM »
Thanks Boomer. It was a pleasure to fly with you guys today. Seriously I haven't enjoyed an afternoon of AH like that in some time.
I really appreciate you guys allowing me to take part in the scenario with you.

<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »
Hi, my game ID is Corsair, (I cannot believe that was still available) thanks for the invite yesterday to join VF-17 from reschke. Considering my online name and my preferred mount at the moment which is the F4U-1 as often as not in VF-17 colours. It does seem logical. The F4U is definitely a favourite of mine  :airplane: even though it kills me more often than the enemy. Visiting the web site further whetted my interest.

But I doubt if it would make sense. First off I'm stranded on the wrong side of the Atlantic, so it would make for some really late nights or really early starts on squad nights, not that is too much of a problem normally except that my day job is as a jump pilot flying skydivers. Which means early starts, long flying days and much of the weekend away from the keyboard.

So I would be a poor squadmate, always AWOL and probably the first to be shot down in any action. I should really be called 'Dead meat'  :angel:

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 09:44:35 AM by cpxxx »

Offline CVA

• Zinc Member
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2009, 10:36:03 AM »
Shifty and bug, you have a great squad there, some very good people. Good luck and good times.   CVA
  USS AMERICA CVA-66 SHE LIVES FOREVER IN MY HEART