Author Topic: Need a squadron that flys tactics  (Read 967 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Need a squadron that flys tactics
« on: March 07, 2009, 05:41:28 PM »
I'm a half decent pilot, better flyer than shooter. I generally fly the Spit Mark 9, though like to slash in the P-51 and stalk in the Me-109k5. I also get nostalgic in either the F4U or F6F. Had planned to join Navy as a pilot my senior year of college but my eyesight wasn't up to snuff.

I am looking for a squadron that actually flys section and division tactics. I would find more satisfaction in setting up a good team kill then getting the kill myself. I've been flying this game for a few months now and tire of the one-on-one. I want a real squadron that flys tactics.

Any takers out there please let me know. And if there isn't a squadron out there doing this and you have the same interest let me knw; maybe we can start out own squadron.

My call sign is "Preacher"
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: Need a squadron that flys tactics
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 05:45:36 PM »
Look the 8th up. We do alot of that stuff
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:49:58 PM »
Check PMs.  :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 10:41:27 PM »
I imagine Talon sent you PMs regading JG11. If you're willing to make the switch to Luftwaffe planes, I have no doubt you'd love that squad. It's one of the few that you know when they were coming. The other night a squadie and I were winging up in nit territory. three dots appear on the horizon....2 109s and a 190. We both knew instantly it was JG11. We got into a good 6 or 7 minute dogfight. A few other bish in the area, and a few JG11 members poured into the fight. I hadn't had that much fun in the MA in a long time.

Hope you give them the consideration they deserve.

Regards,
Buster.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 10:53:57 PM »
The 412th is one of the best in the game at this type of flying. Though I may by bias. :D If you're of drinkin' age and can stay with a wingman, look one of us up.  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline shuzon

• Zinc Member
      • Loose Deuce
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 11:43:23 PM »
Holla Preacher,

Try dhyran´s Loose deuce (LD) http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/Loose_Deuce

May be its what you are looking for!
 :rock and  :salute
Schu! Squad motivatorrrrrrrrrrr

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 11:00:35 AM »
I imagine Talon sent you PMs regading JG11. If you're willing to make the switch to Luftwaffe planes, I have no doubt you'd love that squad. It's one of the few that you know when they were coming. The other night a squadie and I were winging up in nit territory. three dots appear on the horizon....2 109s and a 190. We both knew instantly it was JG11. We got into a good 6 or 7 minute dogfight. A few other bish in the area, and a few JG11 members poured into the fight. I hadn't had that much fun in the MA in a long time.

Hope you give them the consideration they deserve.

Regards,
Buster.

Danke Buster, creating the experience, one jagdflieger at a time... :salute Glad you enjoyed the brawl.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 03:21:17 AM »
Hey Preacher

as shuzon wrote above, checkout if this here will fill your needs:

Welcome to the ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~ Squadron
An Aces High Figther Squadron, based on wingtactical flying, is established for experienced pilots, who will find a lot good wingmen within the squadron.

When many people think about flying in "wings" (two or fourship formations), they are thinking in terms of what Shaw calls the "fighting wing" doctrine. The leader is the primary offensive unit of the section and is the one doing all the attacking. It is the wingman's job to stay with the leader, and protect him by preventing bandits from saddling up on him while he's fighting. The leader does almost all of the fighting, and the wingman simply tries to stay with him.

Fighting wing doctrine, also called "welded wing", was used once, when an ace as the winglead showed a freshman the ropes.

In Opposition to a "welded wing", Shaw introduced another wing doctrine, which he called the "double attack" doctrine. This is basically a system whereby each of the two section members provides support to the other, but neither one is bound into the leader/follower paradigm. They are both offensive units, and both are generally free to maneouver as the circumstances demand, each one covering the other. This does not mean, that the section disintegrates upon contact with the enemy - its stays together, but in a looser fashion than "welded wing" would dictate, and the roles of primary attacker and supporter may change back and forth, depending upon, who has the best shooting solution. This doctrine is sometimes referred to as the "loose deuce" system. While "welded wing" historically was a doctrin, where an "Ace" leads a "Freshman" into the fight, "loose deuce" is based on to a trustworthy relationship between "Aces".

We are going on the runway together, fly in formation into the battle, fight and always keep an eye on your wingman, fianally returning together to base. If you do the same thing, then you're using "loose deuce" wingman tactics right now, whether you know it or not. You watch others get engaged, and if they get in trouble, you can often help them by swooping down and nailing the bandit. You can nail bandits, which they are dragging. That's basically what "loose deuce" is - only when you are doing it with a dedicated wingman, it is even more effective than the impromptu wingmen you get in the arena. Being in a different tactical situation than your wingman gives you a good chance to make a good shot at the enemy.

Flying "loose deuce" allows both members of the section to act offensively and to come home with their fair share of kills - and there is no better reason for flying "loose deuce" than that.

If there would be a great many wings, flying and fighting "loose deuce" together, can you imagine that?

If you can, join the ∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼ Squadron!

--------------------------------------------------------

Rules of the ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~ Squadron:

1) Wing participation is not mandatory, never the less; Wing participation should be preffered and requests for participation are to be answered at all times. On Squadron Nights all ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~ Pilots flys together.

2) Every Loose Deuce Pilot reports in via TeamSpeak in order to facilitate communication and coordination of Wings and Formation Flying in flight.

3) To become a Loose Deuce Member you have to be 21 years or older and A Kill/Death Ratio of 1 and more is mandatory. Everybody will provide maximum assistance best to his abilities that will mainly apply towards newbies. We will never assault any player neither another Loose Deuce nor a stranger in public. Differences of opinion will be dealt with in private (i.e. by e-mail) never in public. If a member of the Loose Deuce is repeatedly attracting attention by means of inappropriate postings of insulting contents expulsion from the squadron might be a consequence

4) Each 3 Month the ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~ Squadron are changing sides from Bishop to Knights and Rooks.

5) Cheating or just the attempt of cheating will result in immediate and irrevocable expulsion of the person accused from the squadron. Enemy pilots rescuing themselves by means of parachute will not be attacked under any circumstances. Members of the ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~ refrain from any unfair methods. Gaming the Game is not allowed!

6) You never walk alone, even when you are returning to base. Every member will take care of the save returning to base of other members.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aditional we have good fun on our own TS channel

take a look at our Website (in my signature)

<S>
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 03:23:25 AM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 08:56:08 PM »
Check out the 113th Lucky Strikes at www.113thluckystrikes.com.  We fly the P38 in the attack mode as Knights, in the late war arena on Saturday evening 7PM.  Vox 113
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 02:21:10 AM »
Darn.  We don't fly tactics, just P38s :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 10:21:54 PM »
Preacher, the 457th is recruiting if youre interested... We primarily fly strategic bombing sorties. We are not limited to the B17, however, as you may see a few of us land fighter kills from time to time. Check our vox at 128 on the Rooks!  :salute

History

In WW2, this Bomb Group was short-lived. Founded in 1944, it was created for strategic bombing in Germany. The 457th participated in high altitude sorties and is responsible for destroying key factories and refineries in Germany. They were well-known for their silver B-17s. They did not apply paint on their bombers, as it decreased drag and weight, and increased aerodynamics. The 457th BG were also one of the fastest flying B-17 bomb groups of WW2. The group was deactivated in 1945.

In 2001, the 457th "Air Expeditionary Group" was reactivated and are currently flying the B-52H Stratofortress. They are participating in the War on Terror.

In Aces High

This squad consists of pilots that like to work together. We currently fly for the Rooks. The squad vox is channel 128. The squad primarily flies in the Late War Main Arenas. We are currently under developement, as this is a prototype bomb squadron. The 457th BG is designed to do joint operations with the 100th BG "Bloody Hundredth". The squad is young, but is coming along very nicely.

Operation

We specialize in "strategic bombing". Our squad crate is the B-17G. We usually set our target altitude above 20K feet. We hit such targets as cities, refineries, and bases. Most of our sorties range from 200 miles to 400 miles in a single flight. The 457th BG operates on a democratic system. This means that the voice of the squad determines the 457th's next move. We are not limited to bombing, however... we fly all planes and drive all vehicles.

Trademark

You may have seen us in the arenas from time to time. We are recognized by our "AE" squad tags in our GameID. The "AE" stands for Air Expeditionary. If you have been flying for the Knights or Bishops, you may have also seen a cloud of silver B-17s dropping bombs on your head!

Prospective Members

As of right now, we are recruiting! For more details, please visit our website at: http://457thbombardmentgroup.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies