Author Topic: Find the p40  (Read 2035 times)

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
Re: Find the p40
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2009, 05:54:51 AM »
Ive had to adjust gamma in the middle of fights lately. I figured my video card was dieing, so glad to hear others have the same problem.  :D
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 12:55:41 PM »
Add me to the list of people who has a hard time spotting aircraft at close range when over the wooded areas or ocean.  Yes, the icon is easy to see, but you have to be able to see the aircraft itself to know what the other guy is doing, where to shoot, how to anticipate, etc.

+1
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »
Ive had to adjust gamma in the middle of fights lately. I figured my video card was dieing, so glad to hear others have the same problem.  :D
In the middle of a fight? The force is strong with this 1. 
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2009, 06:28:57 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

anyone else have lots of trouble seeing aicraft against the water or in this case against trees..

granted, geen plane, green background, but should it really be that hard to see? I would think in real live, a flying airplane less than 200 meters away would be pretty easy to see, regardless of its color scheme and the background.. that and the trees hes blending into so well are FAR in the distance..

this is probably not the best example, ive seen better.. but you get the idea..

and yes, I ran right into this guy :lol

The varied degrees of reality due to sharpness and image quality based on a distance in this game are lacking a bit.  If they upped that option instead of loading stupid squad skins I'd be all for it.  It would give us all a better idea and feel for the ground to air.  That's why you couldn't see it, yuo were taking in the whole surroundings (as you should that low!)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 08:01:04 PM »
Remember after the terrain update, when all the terrain totally blended into itself? You could make out no shapes, bumps, nothing, until they broke the horizon (secones before flipping you over or killing you)?

Well that was fixed eventually, but only just barely.

I have a feeling that once the new terrain is finished, and we have better quality lighting and textures to fly OVER, that planes will stand out better (as they should) against the ground.

It's like the terrain is over-saturated or something. I've had a harder time seeing green icons against the super-blue skies since AH2 came out (as compared to AH1).

Definitely improved in some places over the older game, but leaves room for still more improvement.