Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 1759 times)

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
Re: Hello All
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2009, 11:04:17 PM »
welcome aboard admiral
been there destroyed that

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 12:42:32 AM »
6. Is there a way to use your mouse to turn your head while in plane?  What is the best method to look around your aircraft?
Yes, map it to yaw and pitch camera, then you have an option to start in mouse view. H toggles it, I think.

Mouse look is Shift M to toggle it on/off.  No need to mess w/ mapings, cameras etc, it is built into the game.

And yes in Prefrences, Options, View Options you can select to have Mouse Look auto on or not.

Personally I hate it and never saw the need.  AcesHigh has a great view system and I never saw the need.  On that note, make sure to map a VIEW UP key on your joystick.  That, combined with your hat, will ensure you can keep eyes on the bad guys at all times.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 01:44:52 AM »
And yes in Prefrences, Options, View Options you can select to have Mouse Look auto on or not.

Personally I hate it and never saw the need.
I've only ever used it when I've needed to zoom view in on a specific object/area for damage assesment.

Now for my "personally" opinion.  Personally I think padlock view is horrid for SA, and an unnecessary crutch given AHs great view system.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 01:53:13 AM »

Personally I hate it and never saw the need.  AcesHigh has a great view system and I never saw the need.  On that note, make sure to map a VIEW UP key on your joystick.  That, combined with your hat, will ensure you can keep eyes on the bad guys at all times.

quoted for truth.  I was hanging for way more than "i'll be 30mins",   had to get some sleep i'm on earlies this week. Some great advice already in this thread.

Like i've said all along you just need to put in a few hours of PATIENT setup, with someone who can answer any of your noobish questions.  Don't get frustrated over stuff you can't figure out.  Come here and ask or send me an email.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 03:17:08 AM »
Welcome to the MA weve got hos and picks

talk to all the masters and pick up on their tricks

dogding wirble fire, furballing kikin oscar

shot down and hangin with LTARS down in the long grass.

:) im workin on it Welcome, have fun
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009, 06:29:38 AM »
Welcome to AcesHigh II, Admiral.

Luck to you, and good hunting. <S>
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 07:34:14 AM »
Welcome to the MA weve got hos and picks

talk to all the masters and pick up on their tricks

dogding wirble fire, furballing kikin oscar

shot down and hangin with LTARS down in the long grass.

:) im workin on it Welcome, have fun

the first two lines are ok with the rhyme but im not feeling the rest of it.  :)

i guess oscar = arse and that goes with grass
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Acer72

• Zinc Member
      • ~27th Fighter Squadron~ The Fighting Eagles
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2009, 05:22:36 PM »
Hey all,

I've been with Fighter Ace since the late 97 and have decided that unfortunately due to those who administer that game, it has really gone stale fast.  A long time friend asked me to give this game a shot 2 years ago, but I guess its better to be late than not show at all.  I am now 2 days new and look forward to figuring out how to master this game.

-s-

Admiral

Hello everyone,

My self and my whole squad like Admiral are in the process of making the switch from Fighter Ace. I had been in FA since 98 and to tell you the truth i have not seen many changes through the years. The Black Hats were looking for a new home and i think we have found it. We are still trying to figure out the game , but that will come in time. I'm glad that we have found this game.

:salute

Acer72

Acer72
Commanding Officer
27th Fighter Squadron

www.27thfightersquadron.com

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »
welcome to the game admiral and Black Hats
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
Welcome gents!
Hope you find years of enjoyment with Aces High. I strongly suggest some time in the Training Area (TA) you will not find more helpful fellows. :)

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2009, 05:44:30 PM »
Hello everyone,

My self and my whole squad like Admiral are in the process of making the switch from Fighter Ace. I had been in FA since 98 and to tell you the truth i have not seen many changes through the years. The Black Hats were looking for a new home and i think we have found it. We are still trying to figure out the game , but that will come in time. I'm glad that we have found this game.

:salute

Acer72

Welcome TBH,

If you find me online don't hesitate to shoot me some noob questions and i'll do my best to answer them.  The transition is difficult i have the T shirt somewhere but you'll pick up useful bits of info on the boards, the trainer website and in game,  once you've learnt the basics you'll find the game to be much more enjoyable and appreciate it much more when you do better at it.

FA was black and white TV

AH is full colour    no going back now.

I stole this analogy.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2009, 05:55:14 PM »
Welcome TBHs
<S>
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2009, 09:16:22 PM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 04:48:27 PM by Skuzzy »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Acer72

• Zinc Member
      • ~27th Fighter Squadron~ The Fighting Eagles
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2009, 11:29:42 AM »
See Rule #6

Thank you all for the warm welcome fellas....... :salute
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 04:48:34 PM by Skuzzy »

Acer72
Commanding Officer
27th Fighter Squadron

www.27thfightersquadron.com

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2009, 11:56:28 AM »
Welcome to AH2 all you FA guys.

I just need to stress one thing... dont use padlock in AH2... the AH2 view system is so great and flexible that you dont need it. You can customize all your views on all your planes. On every single view position you can move your head around and find the best view out of that position.

This way you can create setups with a very low amount of blind spots even on planes like the F6F.

The transition between the custom views are smooth and work great. You can quickly scan the entire sky and easily track your enemies manually. By tracking manually and looking around you with the pov hat you get a much more natural view of your surrounding can can easily scan for targets.

If you map the POV hat to front up, front left, left, back left, back, back right, right and front right and then map one button to UP you can combine that button and your POV hat to get to the front up left, front up back left, front up back, etc, etc views...

This way you can scan the entire sky in two "laps" around the POV hat... one just the POV and then one POV + button to tilt it up. Thats easily done in 1-2 seconds. There is no way you can beat that with padlock and tabbing through targets especially in a traget rich environment.

Tex