Author Topic: WANTED - P-40 Drivers  (Read 937 times)

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
WANTED - P-40 Drivers
« on: March 17, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »

Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
Re: WANTED - P-40 Drivers
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 03:44:05 PM »
All fighter slots filled up. :(

Offline Bark0

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 04:04:37 PM »
p40's can launch from CV's? :O

Lets let that happen in the game! P-39's can launch too. :rock

Quote From Shifty:
There's more to AH than the LWA...There's far more early war hanger queens as you call them missing than there are late war cannon armed uber rides.[quote/]

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 04:16:19 PM »
All fighter slots filled up. :(

Not for the Axis.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 04:33:01 PM »
Where BK, I looked? I would love to participate in scenario as a fighter.

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 05:25:03 PM »
Here:http://ahevents.org/pacific-theatre/current-or-next-scenario-2.html

Just sign up in any ride and make sure you leave a comment for BK. <S> TJ
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:27:52 PM by Twizzty »

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 05:32:49 PM »
I still have 202s 110s and split 109G2 rides available.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 05:47:29 PM »
p40's can launch from CV's? :O

Lets let that happen in the game! P-39's can launch too. :rock

+1, finally, I can be the lone P-39 on VF-17 squad nights.  :rock
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 06:17:30 PM »
I love P40s but Im not gonna be able to make all frames.... should I "walkon" or signup and miss a frame?

Tex

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 07:36:34 PM »
Just registered on axis! Looking forward to it!   :aok

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 09:54:59 PM »
Tex,

You really need to look at it from this perspective.

"If" you are going to actively participate in the group discussions, be on the boards in mission discussions, and really participating in the event, then are simply not going to make one frame, then sign up.

If you are maybe, perhaps, going to make a couple frames, might not, but probably will take a wait and see approach, then please don't fill the slot.  I don't recall a scenario where a walkon was turned away in years.  But let the one who fits the first example have his slot.

It's really your call based on what you think you can do.  Heck, I know it's likely My P40 squad will need someone in reserve to fill a P40 slot, life happens, and I doubt each person will make every frame.  Betting we can find you a position.  Might stuff you in a B25 one frame, and P40s the rest, but you'd be there.

Just my thoughts, others might be different of course.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 11:06:21 PM »
Love to fly a p-40e but looks full. :aok and :mad:  maybe afew gvers can swich over after a frame or 2 no ?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:17:26 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 02:35:30 AM »
FYI - Everyone

I made up a large number of general "Recruiting" and "Plane Driver Wanted" posters, plus a bunch of other things historical and otherwise, much of which can only be see on the Allied Scenario forums.

The point of this was to support Gen. Ike "Kermit" Eisenhower's desire to really present a historical theme  and experience to all who participate in the scenario.  My 'group' posters for recruiting and such, were intended to mostly just let people know the scenario is going on and drum up interest.  Obviously, as part of the Allied Command Staff I'm not going to specifically stump for the Axis side (sorry BK).  Historically, I wanted people to see some of the posters used during the war to recruit and drum up war support as a means of getting a feel for what it was like.

The airplane driver posters are to mostly do the same, and I'm doing one for most of the different Allied aircraft.  You might find that the particular subject of a poster is actually full.  However, the good news is if people register or send PM's to people like Brooke, BearKats and Kermit, saying they want to participate with a specific ride, it may prompt them to open more slots as we get to close to full up.  Maybe yes, maybe no, but it has happened in the past.

The big need right now though is for GV drivers, I think for both sides.  The GV element in the scenario is definitely unique, challenge and with great potential for some interesting battles. 

Anyway, take all of the 'poster' posts first, mostly as advertising or general propaganda for the Scenario Tunisia as a whole, second as recruiting for the Allies.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 04:06:11 AM »
Well turns out the 40s are all taken so I guess Ill just do a walkon for the scenario and hope for Allied P40 asignment.

Tex

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 06:46:04 PM »
you tease! :D
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins