Author Topic: A hypothetical question for the crowd regarding kills landed messages...  (Read 7975 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: A hypothetical question for the crowd regarding kills landed messages...
« Reply #240 on: March 17, 2009, 05:15:15 PM »
Correct... I might clarify my statement. I'd like it where when I turn mine off from posting I would not see other's landing posts too. To anyone with theirs on they would still see everything except mine.

As for flying different, I already die alot. It's more fun surviving a drubbing by three or four cons than it is surviving flying from one base to another.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: March 17, 2009, 05:26:32 PM »
If you uber ace tards are so jaded that you have no concern for the future of this game and the psychology of new players, then YES lets turn off all and any reward systems from this point on.

The kill landed message is not for YOU, nor are the PERKS for you.

They are for the future of this game you pompus DORKS.

If how this game operated was left up to YOU jaded uber dorks who pontificate on this board in all of their self rightchous splendor, HTC would go broke because the lot of you would DRIVE away new members with your jaded effected ego fantasies of HOW THIS GAME SHOULD BE PLAYED.

You UBER DORKS have been given the DA to live out your ELITIST fantasies. MOOT should be your EMPEROR and crowned DORK. If you cannot make the DA into your fantasy of UBERISM in AH, leave the future of this game alone. You obviously cannot make the MA into your UBER DORK Fantasy image either. You TARDS realy have no clue in hades how good you have it with this game. YOUR UBER ELITIST whining will destroy it if HTC ever lets his guard down.

When did you DORKS forget what it takes to keep a game community viable and replenished? Now all you talk about is scheams to eat the games young and kill Aces High because you are Jaded. So, since it sounds like you guys are increadably unhappy playing Aces High, is this one of the many threads in the last few years that thinly covers up you attempting to sucker newbies into quiting the game based on your DOOM and GLOOM WHINING?

Oh noes, a hypothetical discussion about kill messages!  It's a good thing people like Bustr are on the forums to stop the Uber Dorks from scheming in the shadows of 'Doom and Gloom' threads.  Bustr you are a patriot.  HTC needs to reward you with a free subscription and an aces high medal of honor for fighting the Uber Dorks with your undeniable wisdom.  You should write up an Uber Dork Watch List so HTC can monitor these players carefully to make sure they aren't compromising the future of the game with their scheming to eat the game's young.  Keep up the good work Bustr.  :rolleyes:

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2009, 10:17:08 PM »
You can ditch next to the runway.  You already have the option of not displaying any kill message.

SRI Steve...

I couldn't bring myself to do that when AW cost $6 per hour...still can't do it now. It has nothing to do with score. I can think of some analogies with some "coitus interuptus" stories that might explain it.....but, I might get Skuzzy all riled up.  :devil

BTW, I have a hard time understanding why anyone would have a problem with what Dan was asking. He never suggested that everyone be forced to turn them off. Oh well....go figure..... :)

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #243 on: March 17, 2009, 10:28:46 PM »
That wasn't the original question though, which was about turning them off for yourself.  Very easy, don't land, problem solved.

I knew I was on to something there. (who's usually seen belly sliding side-ways off the end of the runway with parts becoming projectiles,.. while finishing a drink) Aluminum is very recyclable anyway. <shrug>

Here we are in our own corner writing a new sequel to the twilight zone and you walk in here, throw everything into perspective, and ruin it all.

But about all that, gameplay behavior/problems emerge when a high level of anonymity develops because the level of familiarity between players drop when the population density gets too large.  So the answer is to make the game more anonymous by removing a game mechanic that introduces everyone to who is on, what they are flying, and how sucessful they are?  I disagree.

Agree to disagree. But we are talking about those who it shouldn't effect (<nose in air> "I'm a ""VET""), but it does, then stripping the candy from their hands for evil entertainment to expose their true colors for all to see, and point and giggle at too. "I don't care about points..." roflmao (like foxy chicks giggling at a small,.. NM...) I notice a lot of peeps get complimentary tickets to ride the 262.

Personally, when I think I am landing 2 kills and will get my lights,.. then find out I only landed one kill (which means I actually stayed ON the runway) and no lights,....I usually stand up, grab my stick, flop it on the ground like a wet rag doll, and stomp it to death... properly. It usually solves a lot. Besides, Dose hasn't been around.

We can think of the messages this way; It' s like a bell ringing every time an angel gets it's wings. Of course it's more like a vampire (no pun intended) since it has to kill things to get it's wings, but that's besides the point. If there is a point.

Personally I think the CIA invented slight sims to attract hordes of people with obsessive compulsive personality disorders to one area. And then over-populate it to a point where if you weren't loony when you came here, you will be when you leave. That was the last signal received before I dented my tin foil hat.

Over,.. err umm,.. 10-4,.. roger.

Animl
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2009, 08:33:16 AM »
That wasn't the original question though, which was about turning them off for yourself.  Very easy, don't land, problem solved.

After 17 pages, I think the original question has been forgotten.  Actually, in this case, I think it was forgotten on the first page.

But about all that, gameplay behavior/problems emerge when a high level of anonymity develops because the level of familiarity between players drop when the population density gets too large.  So the answer is to make the game more anonymous by removing a game mechanic that introduces everyone to who is on, what they are flying, and how sucessful they are?  I disagree.

I did not think about it from that perspective.  Its a good point and surely contributes to the current state of things, as it were.

That said, you'll note that I also suggested an AW-type system which, I believe, would suit both of our concerns.

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2009, 09:07:20 AM »
 :huh You get kill messages?  :huh
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2009, 11:15:13 AM »
:huh You get kill messages?  :huh

Only those of others.........

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2009, 11:26:21 AM »
 :rock  Kill macros!!!!  :rock

Okay, maybe not. But they were fun.  :devil

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2009, 11:30:46 AM »
:rock  Kill macros!!!!  :rock

Okay, maybe not. But they were fun.  :devil

Oh, how I miss them. 

Entertainment gold.  Macro creation was an art in and of itself.  Just think of the possibilities for today's MA environment.

"Your marathon is over. <KILL!> AoM"

:D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2009, 11:46:14 AM »
Oh, how I miss them. 

Entertainment gold.  Macro creation was an art in and of itself.  Just think of the possibilities for today's MA environment.

"Your marathon is over. <KILL!> AoM"

:D

I still type out a "macro" now and then:   "HO DENIED! "Pilot dweeb name here"  is in the tower."
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #250 on: March 18, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »

I still type out a "macro" now and then:   "HO DENIED! "Pilot dweeb name here"  is in the tower."

Theoretically speaking, we can still write macros with a third party program, cant we?

Should be as simple as instructing something like "Shift-/, (text), ENTER"

Shall we bring sexy back?