Author Topic: A hypothetical question for the crowd regarding kills landed messages...  (Read 8011 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member

If you could shut off kills landed messages for yourself, would you?

I'm not talking about shutting it down for everyone, but just you, so that anytime you happened to land kills, no one would know it.  There me be 300 other people who leave it on and land 74 kills in their Spit 16 of vulching doom, but your 6 in your 51D are known only to you.

I'm just curious how important it really is to people?

Do you think you'd fly differently if you didn't get your name in lights and the 'attaboys' that follow?

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
If you could shut off kills landed messages for yourself, would you?

Most probably.

Do you think you'd fly differently if you didn't get your name in lights and the 'attaboys' that follow?

A definite NO.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:45:50 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
I'm w/ the snail on this one.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Hmmm.  Everyone likes recogntion, whether they are big enough to admit it or not.  What's the big deal, either way, about attaboys?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Hmmm.  Everyone likes recogntion, whether they are big enough to admit it or not.  What's the big deal, either way, about attaboys?

Just curious Steve.  Not condemning anyone either way.  I just personally think it influences how people fly and 'fight' and I am curious as to what others think.

So in that regard how would you answer?  There is no 'right' answer.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
I like to have them on but it wouldnt change my style of play at all, I fly until Im dead injured bingo fuel or ammo and rtb, sometimes i dont rtb for damage all depends on the fight :rock
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
I don't think it's important that everyone in AH2 land knows when I landed kills although I like it when 4 or 5 from a squad do it at the same time.

I would not fly any different then I do now. I try to fly the best I can, get as many kills I can , and make it home safely. I believe this is what I'd do in real life.

Very rarely do I rearm in order to get "Uptown landed 15 kills in a P51D". Frankly I get embarrassed if I happen to land over 4 or 5 at a time.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:14:38 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
I actually land so rarely that I don't think it would affect things one way or another. :)

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Just curious Steve.  Not condemning anyone either way.  I just personally think it influences how people fly and 'fight' and I am curious as to what others think.

Your right though I do know people who get 2 kills and rtb with them from all sides of the map, but I like it because people like to say they had like 8 kills that last run but they only had 4 and it just keeps integrity up :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member

Well I'll speak only for myself.  I don't think it would influence the way I fly. :)

Very rarely do I rearm in order to get "Uptown landed 15 kills in a P51D". Frankly I get embarrassed if I happen to land over 4 or 5 at a time.
Come on... I'm sure you've gotten more than 4 or 5 without a rearm.
Or do you rtb at 5?    :lol
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
I have tendency to bailout with 2-4 if I'm a sector away+bingo and just want to up and fight again.

I would turn the kills landed msg off for 2-3 kills (well I'd turn it back on if I was in c47 :)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
I'd turn them off but it wouldn't change a thing about how I fly.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member

Come on... I'm sure you've gotten more than 4 or 5 without a rearm.
Or do you rtb at 5?    :lol
Well I did get a couple sorties of 7 last night, 9 being a personal best with 1 clip. But I'm usually out of ammo at around 5 kills. Hell you've seen me shoot :lol Matter of fact the last comment you made to me was "how could you miss that shot"  :rofl
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
Somewhere a horse is hurting!
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
how about one step further and remove the scoring system all together
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights