Author Topic: new type of kill category  (Read 1163 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: new type of kill category
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 09:08:04 PM »
Yah, I can buy that, and there are a LOT of guys who do just that..would be interesting to see effect on gameplay
No.

I'm sayin some (not all) guys will fly literally a "couple" sorties in fighter mode and get get a fantastic KD, Kph, Kps score and Stop flying in fighter mode the rest of the tour.

To protect that fighter score, they will fly the rest of the tour in "attack" mode.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 09:11:56 PM »
i dont have to say nothing about who i am and it shouldnt make a difference.
A numpty in a previous incarnation can be a numpty in this incarnation..... yup no difference.
See Rule #4

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 11:30:02 PM »
I sat there with others and killed you about 15 times myself the other night and it really makes you wonder why would you keep spawning in when you know we are there waiting for you :confused:. And then you complain about us camping the spawn :huh, well we are going to camp the spawn because we know that your going to keep spawning in. You don't want us to get the perks then don't keep spawning in......  :aok
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 11:37:07 PM »
I agree with you Cajunn also have you had any crawfish yet. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 11:39:52 PM »
Camping a spawn is harder then what people make it to be, sometimes the enemy tanks are shooting at you before you even see them  :noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 11:45:34 PM »
I agree with you Cajunn also have you had any crawfish yet. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Nope, not yet there to small and expensive !  :salute
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Offline TheZohan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 12:03:03 AM »
there was no less then 10 people at the spawn plus 5-10 AC .. before i could even turn my turret i was dead.. matter of fact most of the time i didnt have time to even try to turn my turret and i was dead.  i hit N and then i was back in my hanger.

i dont mind them killing me. thats not the issue and if you read what i wrote.. you get credit for kills just within 3000 yards or fair distance from spawn would be considered camping kills .. 

the only people that do this is for thier score and perks. so by moving said kills to a new category it will show who really isnt a score potato and actually trying to defend their base.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 12:58:08 AM »
I think your problem is your not as good in a GV as you think you are.  It's no problem to up at a camped spawn and get 2-3 kills before they see you and "camp" you.

The solution, become Quicker at aiming your panzer, or bring back lancs and carpet bomb the spawn.

Offline TheZohan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 01:08:17 AM »
trust me i killed enough campers to know .. but when you cant even turn your turret to aim .. theres no way. again i am not worried about the being killed. but camp kills are a dime a dozen . i've landed my share of 20 + kills. and they couldnt swing thier turret around quick enough to shot me. there was multiple people with 20+ kills and i wasnt the only one upping so it wasnt just me that couldnt swing thier turret around. the only people that where even there where people that wanted the easy kills and score potatos. otherwise they wouldnt have even bothered camping.
and another problem is people connections are so bad when you spawn in you dont see them til after you've turned your turret passed the spot where they are and then they appear and you get shot. 

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 01:16:29 AM »
Hmmm....my internet is nothing special my frame rate is usually 12 but somehow I almost AlwaYs get off the first shot.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 02:05:41 AM »
You know what they say, "if you're stupid enough to up from a capped spawn...."

Go away for a while.  They'll land.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 02:59:05 AM »
there was no less then 10 people at the spawn plus 5-10 AC .. before i could even turn my turret i was dead.. matter of fact most of the time i didnt have time to even try to turn my turret and i was dead.  i hit N and then i was back in my hanger.

i dont mind them killing me. thats not the issue and if you read what i wrote.. you get credit for kills just within 3000 yards or fair distance from spawn would be considered camping kills .. 

the only people that do this is for thier score and perks. so by moving said kills to a new category it will show who really isnt a score potato and actually trying to defend their base.

That is my point and it was put very well if you go away for a while and stop upping there going to land there kills and you know who's been killing you there watch when they land then try again, myself if I spawn into a base and dye right away I'm not going back. Or If I really want in there I'll come back at a later time... :salute

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 02:59:22 AM »
Come on now Cajunn I already been to 4 boils so far. However they are high right now. The last boil we had we got medium to large for 2.00 a lb. That was a couple of weeks ago though. I have 9 sacks reserverd for the Saturday before Easter. I am hoping they don't jack the prices up to high. I have Forker to thanks for the contact.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 06:37:15 AM »
3000yds?   OMG i wouldnt have any gv points!!!!!!     :cry :cry

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 04:48:03 PM »
Yah, I can buy that, and there are a LOT of guys who do just that..would be interesting to see effect on gameplay

Lmao!

It would bring outcries of biblical proportions!!

How will i protect my fighter score!!!!

And am I wrong in assuming that "Attack" means "ground attack" ??

I think its being taken advantage of and is just as bad as spawn camping to beef up your score.

The minute you load any bombs onto your plane the sortie should be scored as "attack' only.

And only ground targets count.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP