Author Topic: Hey HTC.....how about a bone?  (Read 4841 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Hey HTC.....how about a bone?
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2009, 08:06:28 PM »
I know What Airplane is coming next.
Buffalo Brewster.
Pyro has a thread somewhere asking for info On it. He And some of his Coworkers must be working on it.

AND

when you are in the tower in the MA's look on the design on the clock...See that Airplane? What is it?

Buffalo Brewster

:noid :aok
That's been there for years

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2009, 08:12:52 PM »
Wouldn't matter anyway, the maps are player made.

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2009, 09:36:06 PM »
That's been there for years

I believe that's Nhawk's symbol he puts in all of the Terrains he makes.

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2009, 10:17:41 PM »
The problem is things change in game development. Example, they say they are working on adding plan XXX to the game. As they start developing the programing for it they find they don't have enough information to get the flight model to work right. While digging for info of course the art department is moving right along and posting a picture or two to wet some appetites, Now all the 2 week jokes are flying, and people are whining about "you promised plane XXX" waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!  I don't blame them for keeping things quite with all the cry babies we have around here.

The public is to "needy" these days. Time to grow up and enjoy/work with what you have. No updates or enhancements were ever "promised" with your subscription. Be happy with what you have. That way when/if an update comes along it will be a treat!

But the thing is its 15$ of your money that you are putting into enjoying a product that you paid for; as for the whining thats minuscule to amount of positive feedback that HTC could receive from its subscribers such as what their subscribers want and think is a good idea or a bad one, its like a magazine you get one issue a month and when you go 6 months without a new one the old ones get boring. HTC is business, regardless of how you see it, it is and giving what their subscribers want or at least an update now and then about the forwardness of the project would keep their subscribers interested and more involved into shaping this into something more special than it already is. And for those who think people are too greedy or needy, well heres news, thats the way the world is shaping and whether you like it or not its happening here too and sure the regulars will stay no matter what, but that percentage is growing smaller as the amount of new subscribers increases with greedy and needy people. Like I said its a business and HTC needs the go with the money in order to stay afloat and monthly updates is a great way into seeing what their subscribers (Paycheck signers) want to see in the product that they pay for monthly.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 10:19:43 PM by Flipperk »
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2009, 08:40:50 AM »
monthly updates is a great way into seeing what their subscribers (Paycheck signers) want

I would like to see you prove this, because in my experience, it is almost always the opposite. Regular updates do nothing, putting out news when there is news to put out is a good thing.

HiTech

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2009, 09:33:55 AM »
But the thing is its 15$ of your money that you are putting into enjoying a product that you paid for; as for the whining thats minuscule to amount of positive feedback that HTC could receive from its subscribers such as what their subscribers want and think is a good idea or a bad one, its like a magazine you get one issue a month and when you go 6 months without a new one the old ones get boring. HTC is business, regardless of how you see it, it is and giving what their subscribers want or at least an update now and then about the forwardness of the project would keep their subscribers interested and more involved into shaping this into something more special than it already is. And for those who think people are too greedy or needy, well heres news, thats the way the world is shaping and whether you like it or not its happening here too and sure the regulars will stay no matter what, but that percentage is growing smaller as the amount of new subscribers increases with greedy and needy people. Like I said its a business and HTC needs the go with the money in order to stay afloat and monthly updates is a great way into seeing what their subscribers (Paycheck signers) want to see in the product that they pay for monthly.

You're paying $15 a month to play a game, not for future updated.  That's like saying you bought a new car, and are paying for it for the next three years, for the "upgrades" you are expecting to get from the manufacturer with next years model.  People who subscribe and are staying only in anticipation of future updates are not the type of people who are going to be around for the long run anyhow.  They are never going to be satisfied with what comes out and will eventually move along to "the next big thing."

No matter what you do, you are not going to be able to satisfy everyone all the time anyhow.

I would much rather wait patiently for whatever may come along than have a "bone" thrown that never comes to fruition.  Any update itself is the bone.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2009, 09:39:29 AM »

That $15 a month buys you the privilege to log on to the HTC servers to play against other subscribers in an environment built and hosted by HTC, thats it.  Seeing as they are still thriving after 10 years with a game that is not a main stream type of game, I'm thinking the business plan they are running on is a pretty good one.